How to stretch out Reevz Catwoman Cowl

lmorales

I am putting together a 1992 catwoman costume that is pretty much complete except for the stitching. I ordered a Reevz cowl and it came in but it is really tight around my sinuses. Is there a way I can stretch this out before my con at the end of August?

Maybe you can do a mold of you with resin and the parts that are too tight put more resin on the spots you want to stretch and then put the suit there and spray water to it one time a day

If it's urethane, you're out of luck. It'll just tear. Anything else may have some stretch to it (ie, latex), but I don't believe you can stretch it and get that stretch to stay.

Just take a decongestant and blow your nose. :lol

As someone who had borked sinuses and still wears twi'lek headpieces... no a decongestant is not gonna work ;) High doses of opiates might..... but even then, no. Unless puking from pain is your idea of a good time. BTW nasal rinses don't work either.

I'm afraid that yeah there is no way to stretch. It seems a shame, you may be able to ask him for one a size up and pass this one along? He is a good guy, so if you explain where the pressure is he may be able to advice you on another size or how to adjust wearing it?

Dang, Is there a way to ghetto rig it? Like put pads on the inside so it doesn't rest right on my face? Sorry. I'm just trying to find the best solution to the pressure issue so I'm not dying this this costume.

You are out of luck. Urethane doesn't work that way. If it's really thick in areas where pressure is I'd try dremeling a way a little at a time. Maybe cut your hair? Or, and probably the best alternative, buy the licensed one and mod it. It will look good enough for a con to pass with no problems.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back