How I Met Your Mother

It's funny (sad, even?) that someone who gave up on the series and didn't watch the finale is the most vocal about it. It's odd that someone spends so much time on something that seems to have effected him so negatively that he didn't even watch. :facepalm But, to each their own... I complain a lot about the new Superman, but there's much, much more invested in that character.

At the end of it, I still enjoyed the finale a great deal - and so did quite a few folks that I talk to personally - it did have some issues, but I think the positive far outweighed the negative. The funeral scene may've made the finale too dark - this is after all, a sitcom and needs to retain some semblance of being lighthearted and fun.

I missed it. I suppose they are going to have it on the DVD extra features? So I still won't be able to see it because there is no way I will put my hard-earned money towards purchasing the final season.

Yeah, they pulled it that same night. I'm sure that, once the DVDs release, the clip will pop up here and there. Just gotta keep your eyes peeled for it.

Holy truncated ending. I understand some didn't like the real ending... I did. Consider this ending to be abrupt but a fitting to the title of the program... because that's all you get: Ted meeting the mother, end of story.

And that, kids, is how it should have ended.

--EDIT--

Looks like Fox keeps nuking the official ones. Suffice to say that I saw it, and I think it fits better with the overall arc of the entire show, but doesn't fit perfectly with the one episode towards the end of the 9th season (Vesuvius) that strongly hinted at the Mother's death. Still won't be enough to make me wanna buy the DVDs, though.

Last edited:
Well this is a year and a week old, but I was holding out on the last season til I could watch with my room mate (Who I watched every other season with before I moved out)...

But I've seen it now, and decided to jump on this ooooold thread and read others thoughts on the finale... and saw this question...

But before the tears start, lemme just ask? Has anyone made any props from the show? Say Blue French Horn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While NOT screen accurate... here is my wife and I's wedding guest book:

16876193037_2505f077cd.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back