How do I acheive white eyes in batman cowl?

There's gotta be a perfect mesh that has the right visibility vs see-your-eyes-from-the-outside...ability. What works best in your guys' opinions?

Anyone that thinks you can get iron man lights to fit in batcowl has never worn a batcowl. There is no way.you would get it to fit.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

When I built my 1st Red Hood helmet, I got $3 sunglasses from Walmart, popped the lenses out, and put a layer of...I don't know what the fabric's called. It's the stuff they use for wedding veils. It's solid, not a mesh, but thin enough that you can see through it pretty well. It worked out as desired.
8118180279_f0e6a474f7_d.jpg

ok the white eyes effect for Batman, the sunscreen roll you would use to keep the sun out of your passengers eyes, mesh is black on one side and white on the other, and the good thing about the white is if you decide to give Batman red eyes you just spray paint them and you can secure the mesh with medical tape, I'll see if I can post some pics to show what I'm talking about and the visibility is awesome
just my 2cents...hope this helps if you want to know more please email me at rtl24@hotmail.com the batman.jpg

ok the white eyes effect for Batman, the sunscreen roll you would use to keep the sun out of your passengers eyes, mesh is black on one side and white on the other, and the good thing about the white is if you decide to give Batman red eyes you just spray paint them and you can secure the mesh with medical tape, I'll see if I can post some pics to show what I'm talking about and the visibility is awesome
just my 2cents...hope this helps if you want to know more please email me at rtl24@hotmail.com View attachment 416985

Just a heads up: next time check the post date on topics. This one is nearly 2 years old at this point.

I recently ordered a reevz hush cowl in black. I have seen a few people pull off the white eye effect in their cowls. Sometimes it looks good and sometimes it looks not good.

I have been obsessing over this idea for a long time. How should I do it?

I was thinking this: take reflective mirrored sunglass lenses, use black see through material and cut the almond eye shape from the middle then use a thin see through white fabric for the little almond in the middle to acheive a "floating" white eye that doesn't fill the whole space of the eye opening. All three layers sandwiched together and held with some kind of clear drying spray adhesive.

My question is about adhesives. Is there a spray adhesive that dries clear?

I am considering doing this with my deadpool eyes as well. Mirrored lenses with thin wedding veil type material glued over. Kind of a similar idea to the raimi movie lenses for spiderman.

Would this work?

Why has nobody just done white out contact lenses instead of the mesh thing? It would look so much better

One of my cosplay friends swears by Irish Linen painted black on the inside. You can find it at most fabric stores.

I'll be trying it out myself in the next month or so when I do my classic Green Arrow mask

20141019_182204.jpg
Here is what they look like taken out
20141019_184218.jpg20141019_183445.jpg
you will want to cut them out kinda large, so they overlap inside the mask and kept the tops with atleast some space to sew in velcro. I super glued the other half of velcro on the inside of mask(make sure you mark were you want it first) the forehead velcro is just to hold the padding down.

20141019_185202.jpg
here is the end result.

Hope this all helps you! good luck and Ill be happy to answer any questions

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back