House MD Props: Ax Cane + Cane Shotgun

I've got my hands completely full with my Jack Sparrow wig at the moment and have been spending the rest of my free time on another prop, so I haven't made any progress. This is one of those things where I'll wake up one morning this summer and say to myself "It's shotgun-cane time" and it'll be done by nightfall.

Guys, I have all of the House Episodes on DVD, Seasons 1 through 6, and for the life of me I can´t recall WHICH episode we´re talking about here! Zombie Apocalypse?! WHEN was that!?

Yeah, as everyone said it's from the latest season. I'm sure if you youtube it you'll be able to find a copy of that scene.

Risu, definitely understand where you're coming from. Keep us posted!

Chiming in late on which hand to use, many of us use our dominant hand, not the hand across from the bum leg. My left knee is bad and I prefer using my left arm, especially when going up and down stairs, as my right arm is usually doing something important like holding my coffee mug. I've read somewhere (fanboard? imdb?) that they went with this for House because it made it obvious he needed a cane by showing his awful gait.

Oh, and I'm looking at this because I want to build a "cane rack" for my motorcycles, so if any of you want to go hardcore and get a fake Repisol bike, let's talk. :)

Chiming in late on which hand to use, many of us use our dominant hand, not the hand across from the bum leg. My left knee is bad and I prefer using my left arm, especially when going up and down stairs, as my right arm is usually doing something important like holding my coffee mug...
That's one downside to using a cane--you pretty much lose the use of one of your hands because it's occupied by holding the cane.

In the 5+ years since I last posted in this thread, I've found the issue of which hand to use can change from day to day, hour to hour, or sometimes moment to moment in my case. Most of the time it's better in my right hand, sometimes it's better in my left. Regardless, I've gotten very good at changing hands on-the-fly when the situation calls for it, and I don't think there really are any "hard and fast" rules to using a cane; you just have to do what works best for you ("you" in the general sense, that is).

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back