Hitman: Agent 47 (Post-release)

Re: Hitman: Agent 47

They can't even try to make him look bald, just shave his head and call it good. In the games he was genetically made to have no hair whatsoever so he wouldn't leave evidence behind.

I kinda remember somewhere in the history of the series it being mentioned that alopecia was a side effect of the genetic manipulation of the agents which is why they were all bald.

I do like how they are making him slightly more villainous in this one, as he should be. The first one had some good things in it, but also a lot of bad things like trying to make an emotionless killing machine a hero type figure and the bewildering four way sword duel with the other agents.
They do seem to be adding a super hero element to him which I do not like, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of stealth coming in to play. I mean the whole premise of the games is to complete a mission by causing as little noticeable disturbance as possible.

I think the movie is going to suffer the 'video game' treatment, where because the source material is a video game it isn't given a whole lot of creative or intellectual respect.

there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of stealth coming in to play. I mean the whole premise of the games is to complete a mission by causing as little noticeable disturbance as possible.

I think it's hard to make a stealthy character the primary focus of the story. Like I said above... if it was done more like the first Terminator where the titular character IS a bad guy instead of a stylized murderer that you actually root for, they might be better off. They can still make a good movie where the bad guy gets away at the end. You can have a villain you love to hate and hate to love. The trick is the make Agent 47's target even less likeable. I think they're just taking the wrong approach for this movie.

Having said that... I still look forward to seeing it.

I'm with Father on this one. I've never played the video game, but for whatever reason, I really took to the first movie. Maybe there's some magic still in the Hitman tank? Guess we'll find out.

I liked the Timothy Olyphant version myself and I believe I'll like this one as well-Hitman is an open game and you play it the way you see fit so you can be mister uber ninja man or...you can go nuts and make the guys in the Expendables blush,all up to you.

So no reason the films can't be that way,just hope they set it up right this time and can come back and do one where 47 is all quiet and scary like,just leave a trail of death in his wake and no sign of him doing a thing.

He looks the part,no reason to make it exact just "close enough" and I do think this guy is closer to what 47 would be like if real,he's got a scary edge to him.

I am sick and tired of action movies using the "cut so many times they don't know there isn't real action happening" sham.

I didn't pay 12 dollars for virtually unfollowable action scenes with a side of seizure.
I see a LOT of movies in the theater, and this was the first movie I've ever even considered walking out of and asking for my money back. I honestly think I should have.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back