Historical Artifact Replicas

Someone brought up the Wallace sword that is kept in the National Wallace Monument. I know that there has been some debate on whether or not this is actually his sword. But there was a maker in Scotland that used to make replicas. As I recall, it was about $350...but that was back in about 1997. EDIT: Found this website... http://www.macallenarmourers.com/wallace_sword.htm Looks like the price went up a tad...

This is reportedly the actual Wallace sword:

That pic was taken by someone on this board as I recall. I believe it was taken when the sword was on tour in NYC. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Shawn

Last edited:
reelart on ebay has some nifty looking stuff.

Eyeing that Phaistos disc and the chalice....

Chris

Reelart's offerings are crap. I bought the Spear of Destiny from them and was sorely disappointed when it arrived. The resin was super flexible rather than solid and the paintjob looked like it was done by a kindergarten student.

Out of the box
DSC00503.jpg

Here it is after modded and repainted by me:
DSC00514.jpg

Nice work on the norse leather-goods, Pete!

Here's a few from my portfolio...
Paleo mammoth, Venus figures, Woodland Indian pot, Deinonychus claw, and, just for fun, Holy Grail and Chachapoyan map...
MammothPICT180060.jpg

Venus_DVPICT30722.jpg

Venus_Wpainted2.jpg

woodlandPICT2094.jpg

clawPICT3065.jpg

GrailPICT2256.jpg

ChachmapminePICT1740.jpg

I love this thread. Always very interesting and you never know what you might see next.

Here are some items I picked up of Tibetan/Hindu background.

IndiaPhurbaDagger.jpg

The one is a Phurba. The Phurba is a three-sided peg, stake, knife, or nail like ritual implement traditionally associated with Indo-Tibetan Buddhism, Bön, and Indian Vedic traditions. The Phurba is associated with the meditational deity Vajrakīla or Vajrakīlaya.

The other is a Tibetan incense or document tube.

TibetanIncenseHolder.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/dbcooper2/Displays/IndiaPhurbaDagger2.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/dbcooper2/Displays/PhurbaDaggerEyesOpened.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/dbcooper2/Displays/PhurbaDaggerEyesClosed.jpg

Also included a Tibetan Snuff Bottle and some paper props from Indiana Jones and Uncharted 2.

Best,
DBCooper

I have replica of a wax seal ring that had the emblem of the crusader knights order of the Dragon. I believe it is the same group that Vlad the Impaler's father was a member of, and how he got the name Dracula (son of the Dragon). I bought it many many years ago at the Museum Company or a predecessor of. If it is accurate it woule be an authentic Dracula ring.

Andy

There is an original embroidered badge from this Order, and I have seen pewter copies of it. The dragon's wings have a Christian cross superimpossed in their design. During this period dragons were still understood to be the Seraphim (from the original Hebrew meaning), the highest and most fearsome of heavenly creatures (save for the one 'bad' dragon). Over the centuries though they were morphed into traditional 'Christmas Card' humanoid angels with big swan's wings on their backs.

I don't have much for Historical copies. I have the DoI, 12 articles, and Copy of the speech Lincoln gave at the dedication of the Gettysburg cemetary. Not sure where they came from originally. Also have some papyrus that came from Egypt at the time of the first gulf war. Not sure if they are copies of anything but they have alot of gold paint and look nice.

DSC04117Medium.jpg

DSC04118Medium.jpg

DSC04115Medium.jpg

Well, I broke down and ordered 2 phaistos discs from reelart. It's not like there are a lot of places out there that offer replicas of it :unsure

They came in today..

AND THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!!

Granted, it's not hard to screw up a clay disc with pressed symbols, and I plan to dry brush the symbols white, but that's it.

Great pieces, and damned fast shipping.

Can't speak about any other products he has, but the discs are pretty awesome. I love mine, and I am pretty sure my mom is gonna love hers!

Chris

Well, I broke down and ordered 2 phaistos discs from reelart. It's not like there are a lot of places out there that offer replicas of it :unsure

They came in today..

AND THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!!

Granted, it's not hard to screw up a clay disc with pressed symbols, and I plan to dry brush the symbols white, but that's it.

Great pieces, and damned fast shipping.

Can't speak about any other products he has, but the discs are pretty awesome. I love mine, and I am pretty sure my mom is gonna love hers!

Chris

does reel art offer the best andcheapest replica version of the phaistos disk as ive always wanted one myself.

He offers the ONLY one that I know of.

It's a great piece. I still haven't had a chance to redo the paint on the glyphs, but overall it's pretty cool. I haven't seen any other replicas of it out there. I did see a custom piece on a greek website, but I don't think it was for sale.

Chris

if someone could 3d model the small gold so called plane that erich von daniken uses in all his books....we could have it made into a prop we could all get.

Too bad that the dimensions of the Mitchell-Hedges skull are off on the ReelArt version, I would have picked one up! I have ordered from them before, and were always satisfied with thier stuff... I am curious on the Anitoch Chalice they offer, but the shipping is kinda much

ReelArt sells them on Ebay, he charges $25 for the set, But I put an offer in for $20 and he accepted..Just search "ancient flying machine"

I may have to order some of those, Im already going to order a phaistos disk within the next week or two. Im working on finding someone to do 3d cads for me so I can get some egyptian cartouche rings done, and I had the idea to have some flying machines done as well, but I guess this will make it easier to get them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back