HIC BUILD THREAD - LAST BUILD DAY May 27th!

Re: HIC BUILD THREAD - Next build day April 29th!

Missed being in your garage this last weekend, but you know, things are a little crazy and all, getting ready for a wedding and all that! :) :)

;) :thumbsup

I think Andrew took a couple pics but there wasn't really much to take pictures of. Just worked on the resin side panels.

Nah, those shots are perfect. They show the glue cracking pretty well. It'll add to the whole carbonite effect when it's done. :)

I'll probably be spending the afternoon working on him on Sunday again if anyone wants to drop by. Hoping to get the dap on there Saturday and be ready to pour more glue on Sunday.

Then of course more work on the side panels. :)

Gil! Video! :p

Re: HIC BUILD THREAD - Next build day May 6th!

So, how'd it go today?
I'm bummed out that I couldn't make it.

Was all by my lonesome on Sunday but that's alright, I was able to finally do some cleaning in the garage once I poured the glue. Will post pics & an update tonight. :)

Yeah, I need pics....

Looks like I got my marching orders.. This next Sunday, I will be jetting back to the land down under. You guys will be building and I will be streaking across the heavens, or at least high up in the sky....

But not all is lost, as I will be back.... KAHN... (Sorry, I couldn't help it!) But seriously, what was supposed to be a three week visit, and hanging out with some RPFers, became so much more. Mike was great allowing me to help out with his HIC, and it took a very short time before we were quoting films, and making sawdust!

I even got to start a new project which will have to stay on hold till I get back! :)

Cant wait to get back for obvious reasons, and one thing I am totally looking forward to is Sundays @ Mikes. Be great if a few other locals can come down and we can all pool resources :)

I'll be checking in to see where this project is at! Wish I was here for the prop party, but there is always next year! ;)

Thanks Mike, and everyone else, see you on the flip side...

-Skyler101

Alright! So I was on my own on Sunday as previously mentioned. I started by thinking...

"The white glue wasn't sticking to the rubber. What do I do to make it stick? Well if it were paint I'd just use primer. Wait, it can't be that easy. *GROAN* Yes it is."

Yep, I'm a dumba$$! I stood Han up and gave him a spray of primer.

7162252874_861b82a71e_c.jpg

Then I put him back on the supports and used paintable DAP to blend the edges and fill a few voids.

7162251396_313f4966c6_c.jpg

Finally I made sure he was level and applied another coat of white glue. I made sure to go a little thinner this time to avoid cracking and hopefully to speed up the dry time.

7162249338_af3bf5abd3_c.jpg

Now almost three days after the fact I can confirm that all of this DID work. The glue is drying nicely (helps it's been warm here) and it's sticking like it should. I'll still have 3-4 more coats of glue to do, hoping to be able to do 2 a week.

The only major thing left to do now is finish the panels!

Looks like I got my marching orders.. This next Sunday, I will be jetting back to the land down under. You guys will be building and I will be streaking across the heavens, or at least high up in the sky....

Just like Arnie, you'll be back. ;)

Sadly though folks, no build day this weekend (aside from me pouring some glue). My wife's a mom so we do the mother's day thing.

I even got to start a new project which will have to stay on hold till I get back! :)

It'll be tough not finishing it... It's getting close to greatness!

Have a safe trip.
Hopefully we'll see you on June 2nd.

Sadly he'll be in the land down under! Next year he's got no excuse though. :D

Safe trip Gil! If you need to have anything mailed here before the proper move feel free to use my address, just let me know ahead of time and I'll keep whatever it is safe for you. :thumbsup

Oh, and I have first right of refusal on any prop you want to toss before the move!

Hmm. Primer before glue. Who knew.

Did you get all those dash board panels cleaned up?

When will you start putting those in?

Looking good! I remember when mine was in the same shape and I had to work on the side panels in the meantime. Keep posting pics!

Looking good! I remember when mine was in the same shape and I had to work on the side panels in the meantime. Keep posting pics!

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Yep! So close yet so far!

Was able to apply another coat of glue tonight. Getting there!

Sunday night update. Glue still drying from last application but I'm hoping to be able to give it another coat tomorrow night. We are probably looking at two or three more layers before the carbonite is done. :)

Re: HIC BUILD THREAD - Next build day May 19/20th!

Okay, I'm on the home stretch with this guy as there are a mere three weeks before the prop party! :eek

I'll be working on the panels all weekend so if anyone wants to join me let me know which day is better for you and we'll make it an official "build day". :)

It's my hope to be able to start working on greeblies this weekend...

With you in spirit... Just touched down here, and its cold...
You can always send a panel to me but I doubt I will have it done before the prop party! :p

-Skyler101

So Gil... How about that video we've been waiting for for a month and a half? I think I might finish the HIC before you finish our "day three" build video! :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back