HIC BUILD THREAD - LAST BUILD DAY May 27th!

Oh man, that was great! :lolYou left out all the weird looks we got at Home Depot though when we went to re-supply.

Han was a big hit in Toronto, and you were missed Gil!

To be honest I'm not sure if I'll change that or not (easy enough to do). Most HIC builds I see they really over do the contrast and it makes it look more fake to me as this looks more like a solid block. Any thoughts?

It's gorgeous as it is :love

Well done .... and finally :lol !

I still have the Home Depo footage, but after 10 minutes, the vid was getting far to long...

.. and the end credits were a homage to JB for you OB! :)

-Skyler101

Had a question via PM but thought I'd post this for anyone who finds the thread in the future.

The rubber cast of Han was from Stormrider and was the "pieces" version.

The casts of the side panels were from Droidboy, IIRC they were raw seconds so there was a lot of clean up required but I was able to get them for less $.

The lighting kit for the hero panel was ModelJag's kit and plugs into the wall. It's a great kit and completely self explanatory.

The box & carbonite texture was scratch built (as you can see in the photos and Gil's video).

Total build time was about 2 months worth of Sundays with the odd Saturday and weeknight thrown in. Having friends over made the build SO MUCH nicer, if only for the good company. :)

Total build time was about 2 months worth of Sundays with the odd Saturday and weeknight thrown in. Having friends over made the build SO MUCH nicer, if only for the good company. :)

Totally agree... It was a blast to help out with this build. What started as a one time get together turned into so much more.

So many people had a hand in making this piece. And the smiles and laughter was timeless....

(Im going to cry!) :)

-Skyler101

I agree, the best part was meeting more RPF members, and the end credits of the video ARE awesome (especially when my name comes up)! I hope we can keep the group build tradition going.

I agree, the best part was meeting more RPF members, and the end credits of the video ARE awesome (especially when my name comes up)! I hope we can keep the group build tradition going.

Ya man! You had shadows and everything! :lol

I'll be unveiling my next big project soon... :love

Hi Michael,
Hope all is well with you.
I am Gary. Met you at the Prop Party with my brother Darren.
Hoping to get Han in Carbonite. Is there someone you know that makes the Han parts?
BTW, you Grail Diary is amazing. Love it.

Hope to meet you again somewhere soon. Fan Expo?
I'll be there with R2 again.

Thanks.
Gary

IF ANY OF YOU ARE JOINING THIS THREAD FOR THE FIRST TIME:

This was originally a thread seeing who wanted to come over to my place and help build but I'm converting it to a build thread for my HIC. There will still be build days which I'll post in the title but otherwise enjoy the read!

Our friend Skyler101 is visiting from the Wonderful land of OZ!

http://www.therpf.com/f12/anyone-here-toronto-canada-140304/

So on Sunday, March 18th 2012 I'm inviting anyone who would like to join us to come over and work on a Han in Carbonite display with us!

I currently have the Stormrider Han pieces like this set:

http://www.therpf.com/f13/han-carbonite-rubber-casting-138685/

As well as 8 resin castings of the Volvo panels.

The goal of the day is to see how far we can get building the box and perhaps working on the panels! If we can get far enough I might even be able to bring a FINISHED HIC to the Toronto Prop Party! :D

I figure a 9am start (although feel free to drop by whenever you can) and I'll be providing the supplies as well as pizza & beer.

So, who's up for some prop building? PM me for my address.

Hi Michael,
Hope all is well with you.
I am Gary. Met you at the Prop Party with my brother Darren.
Hoping to get Han in Carbonite. Is there someone you know that makes the Han parts?
BTW, you Grail Diary is amazing. Love it.

Hope to meet you again somewhere soon. Fan Expo?
I'll be there with R2 again.

Thanks.
Gary

Hey Gary! Was very nice to meet you. :)

I purchased the rubber pieces from Stormrider here on the forum. Sadly he hasn't been on the site since December but if you can get a hold of him somehow his HIC parts are top notch and well priced. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back