Heroes Reborn

DavidS

Sr Member
Is anybody actually watching this?
I thought the last season was bad.
This is actually worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every review I've seen says it's atrocious. Which is a shame, because it seems to have a talented cast that is wasted on the material.

I think the biggest problem with it is that it has to rely on the horrible last couple of seasons of Heroes. I didn't really want to see Heroes Reborn, I wanted to see Heroes Rebooted. They didn't go back to what made the first season great.

No
So far it has nothing to do with the previous heroes story line
Just all these new characters that I don't give a flip about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been watching so far and while it's not as good as S1 Heroes it's not bad. It does seem to be building to something big and it seems to be moving towards the heroes actually teaming up, something that they really didn't do until the very end of S1 and even then only briefly. The biggest criticism that I have is that the overall background plot isn't terribly original, basically a rip-off of X-Men and the whole Mutant Registration Act storyline.

S1 heroes was an amazing origin story.

Then S2 was...MORE origin stories! Followed by season 3 of origin stories! and another! Lots of origins!

I haven't seen the new one, but I guess I just assumed it was going to be more origin stories with cliff hanger endings.

The cliff hanger endings is another topic entirely, but the short version is: you have to be DAMN good for me to be willing to put up with that nonsense, and if I know you're going to pull that crap going in, you need RAVE reviews or I just wont bother.

Now..if you told me they were planning to pick up where S1 left off, ignore all the other seasons, origin story is done, finally get to heroes fighting villains...yeah I'd be on board. Throw in a promise of "We'll end the episodes or at least the season with the natural story-breaks rather than artificially creating summer-long suspense by ending everything 5 minutes after storylines start" and I'll even pre-order.

But this? I honestly wasn't planning on even giving it a chance unless people here were singing it's praises, and so far...I don't hear no singing.

edit:
I've been watching so far and while it's not as good as S1 Heroes it's not bad. It does seem to be building to something big and it seems to be moving towards the heroes actually teaming up, something that they really didn't do until the very end of S1 and even then only briefly. The biggest criticism that I have is that the overall background plot isn't terribly original, basically a rip-off of X-Men and the whole Mutant Registration Act storyline.

I wouldn't mind a rip off if done well. That's a story that would be really good in TV format. One of my major complaints with Heroes always was that it ALWAYS felt like it was building to something big. But it never happened. I guess...let us know if it ever gets anywhere. But if they are just going to do another 4 seasons of building to nothing...pass.

Last edited:
Exactly like Lost.........Start with an interesting premise.....roll it out...run out of ideas...flog it to death.....then (it this case) rinse and repeat....and they wonder why viewership is terminal..:lol

The problem with shows like Lost is that they're not designed to go endlessly until the studio decides to cancel them. Shows like that should be written with a defined beginning and end with a guarantee from the studio of X number of seasons if the show does well enough after its first season. Otherwise these kinds of shows simply tread water after a while because they have no idea of how long they're going to go on for so they don't want to give away too much otherwise they'll start to give away too much and they might end up wrapping things up too soon and forcing them to come up with something else for later seasons that might not run its course or be as good as the original story. Then on the other hand, if they drag things out for too long it starts to become apparent that they're just treading water and audiences might become bored with the show because it doesn't go anywhere even though it's obvious that it should.

Last nights episode was pretty darn good but I saw that plot twist coming a mile away and it kind of retconned the first episode.

So do we know yet who the father of Claire's twins are? I was thinking this series had really lazy writing, but I thought the whole thing with Claire and the twins was pretty clever! I'm still not sold on the guy being able to pull a character out a video game as being a realistic power.

So do we know yet who the father of Claire's twins are? I was thinking this series had really lazy writing, but I thought the whole thing with Claire and the twins was pretty clever! I'm still not sold on the guy being able to pull a character out a video game as being a realistic power.

They never said who exactly outside of that we know it's a Patrelli, probably the younger one given how the boy is a power leech like the younger Patrelli brother.

Well if there's a season 2 we'll know since they said their father is coming for them. Claire, if I remember correctly, was Nathan's daughter, so the power came from her.

Well if there's a season 2 we'll know since they said their father is coming for them. Claire, if I remember correctly, was Nathan's daughter, so the power came from her.

There isn't, it was cancelled before the last episode aired. Tim Kring is trying to play it off like he had no other ideas anyhow so it's no big deal.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back