Help Winnie Cooper become Wonder Woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah okay - yes, the belt should provide that line well enough! How high will the belt sit? Above the hips on the sides, and arc down in the center?

- Douglas

Hands_1.jpg

_Mike

You should of casted Danica's hands with her fingers out, so it would be easy to shop for a ring. I would totally tie the knot with a girl who's into costuming and comics. :confused Being on TV is NOT a requirement. :lol So jealous.

Come to think of it. It would also come in handy doing math problems too. The title of her next book, "When All Else Fails!" Co-authored by Don Bies. :)

On a serious note. You should PM MonCal or Hyperdyne. They had some C3PO pieces platted that came out really sharp. I think the same finish would work perfect for the gold pieces and bracelets.

Looking at the image again, it might look nice if the seam connecting the diagonal panels to the center vertical panel was somewhat curved rather than straight... Have you done any versions like that? Could you post the image without the eagle, and do you have a head-on shot?

The down angled panels do more than follow the eagle's wing - they invoke and accent the proper musculature for that section:
istockphoto_3013297_female_anatomy_musculature.jpg

I don't really get it...I thought the suit was going to be sculpted, not sewn. Wasn't that the original idea? Did things go wrong on the sculpting idea? Or am I missing something?

Brad

No, she was cast to provide a source for the bodice and breast plate to be sculpted on. Though we DID talk about doing something in silicone or latex for a time. In the end, we began working on material explores instead.

_Mike

No, nothing went "wrong" with the sculpting idea...we always intended to create the bodysuit using a fabric solution, and the body cast was created to fit the wings and the belt sculpture. We had discussed creating a sculpted bodysuit, but the casting was not done with that in mind and would probably not have worked for that solution. At this point in time, a sculpted suit is not an option, unless someone has the a lot of time to devote to it.

--Don

I don't really get it...I thought the suit was going to be sculpted, not sewn. Wasn't that the original idea? Did things go wrong on the sculpting idea? Or am I missing something?

Brad

No, she was cast to provide a source for the bodice and breast plate to be sculpted on. Though we DID talk about doing something in silicone or latex for a time. In the end, we began working on material explores instead.

_Mike

No, nothing went "wrong" with the sculpting idea...we always intended to create the bodysuit using a fabric solution, and the body cast was created to fit the wings and the belt sculpture. We had discussed creating a sculpted bodysuit, but the casting was not done with that in mind and would probably not have worked for that solution. At this point in time, a sculpted suit is not an option, unless someone has the a lot of time to devote to it.

--Don

Ahhh, got it. That's cool.

Brad

this costumes gonna be great. did i miss it as theres alot of posts to catch up on since i last looked but why did u get your head cast mike?

Mike, something I was thinking about.

You should wait and post pics of Danica in costume until after halloween, after you guys wear them out.

I think the costume would lose it's impact or coolness in 'leaked' photos end up on TMZ or something of her like 5 days before halloween. I know we're all cool here, but with over 6000 members on the RPF, you know someone might think they have something in a pic of her in a WW costume.

Just something to chew on.

Last edited:
How old is this thread? If Ol' Gwendalyn isn't Wonder Woman by now, she needs to be downgraded to "Mediocre" Woman. And that really ruins the theme song! Can you imagine: "Mediocre Wooomaaaaan!"? :angel

How old is this thread? If Ol' Gwendalyn isn't Wonder Woman by now, she needs to be downgraded to "Mediocre" Woman. And that really ruins the theme song! Can you imagine: "Mediocre Wooomaaaaan!"? :angel

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol...14 days and counting...

Brad

The new "Geek" Magazine has a funny interview with her. She is so smart and funny and she seems so nice and down to earth! It is refreshing to read about a celebrity who is so normal and NOT pompous! LOL She really seems like a totally normal person who isn't taking the whole "fame" thing to seriously! My respect for her as a person, and as a woman is solid. My wife even enjoyed her interview.

:) Can't wait to see the completed costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back