Help. I’ve contracted MoMM (Magic of Myth Madness)…

I've gone down this rabbit hole trying to identify the grey used on a different prop..it's a fools errand I tell ya! :)

Heres the path I went and was eventually able to determine the correct color:

1. Find a pic with a control color in the photo. Meaning a found part or another color you can positively I.D. (maybe the pic with the circuit board? ) and get your hands on the control color/part

2.Try and narrow down what paint may have been used on the real prop ( year, brand etc)

3. Buy a ton of potential paint contenders $$$$$

4. Paint test time! Try each of your potential paints in pics with your contol color..try and replicate the pic you have for refrence as close as possible. ( angles and lighting)

5. Put your pic in photshop and color correct it so the control color match, then see how your sample color looks compared to the real prop.

I did this with a grey ..and I have about 20 cans of grey paint to prove it..but I was able to figure it out. It's a long expensive process..but worth it if youre a lunatic about accuracy :)

Good luck!

We did some final airbrushing today, and I think we nailed the colour…

6E9F1CAA-7784-41EC-A80A-CC26FD7DCD51.jpeg

73C38544-9B2E-49DF-9BB0-7F42B592C339.jpeg

67748C34-CD5F-485D-BA8F-BA895D34B2B4.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who chimed in with their thoughts. May the Force be with you!

I completely built my MoM but seeing a weird thing where if I plug the proffie into a computer, the arrows lights turn on. Also, if I have it in standby mode where I have the arrows blinking and turn the kill switch off and one of the arrows is on, it stays on with the switch turned off. Everything is wired up correctly, so not sure if it is maybe the helper board doing this. I have a version 1.5 helper board which is basically the 1.0 but had to solder the kill switch on.
Has anyone else seen this or have suggestions on how to fix?

I completely built my MoM but seeing a weird thing where if I plug the proffie into a computer, the arrows lights turn on. Also, if I have it in standby mode where I have the arrows blinking and turn the kill switch off and one of the arrows is on, it stays on with the switch turned off. Everything is wired up correctly, so not sure if it is maybe the helper board doing this. I have a version 1.5 helper board which is basically the 1.0 but had to solder the kill switch on.
Has anyone else seen this or have suggestions on how to fix?
If your config is set to show the arrows blinking while idle, the USb will delivery enough power to activate them. If the LEDs are on with the kill key in, then your wiring is bypassing that (possibly with a small short).

If your config is set to show the arrows blinking while idle, the USb will delivery enough power to activate them. If the LEDs are on with the kill key in, then your wiring is bypassing that (possibly with a small short).
Ok, makes sense. But the kill switch is part of the MoM helper board so wondering if there is a short in the board

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back