Hellboy, Krauss & Sherman (DONE with PICS!)

Thanks guys. :)

Here are some closer shots of Krauss. I'm pretty happy that I was able to make it wearable for long periods of time... the neck is a mixture of rubber and fabric so that the wearer can move around a bit and do the trademark Krauss gestures- that's where the character really comes to life i.m.o.. The first version of the neck I did was unbearably hot and clausrofobic! I would've liked to to proper gloves however but there wasn't time- the fingertips are quick'n'dirty castings out of oven-bake clay. I was afraid that they wouldn't survive the party and club we went to but they did.

Attachments

• krauss_4.jpg
    krauss_4.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
Hello, I am actually new to the forums but I joined to get some advice and inside info on your Johann Krauss build. I was told by a few people that I should check here for info on it since I have started to build mu own suit. I have a couple of questions.

1. How did you make the parts on the helmet? I have been trying to replicate the parts where the smoke comes out but I am not even close to your level.

2. Where did you get the clear dome? I have been looking for places that could do this customizable work but they are far too expensive for me.

3. Were you able to have smoke come out of all the right places? If so, how and what did you use?

If you want to keep these a secret I am fine with that, but I have already been working on this project for a few months now and I am stuck on a few places.

Hello, I am actually new to the forums but I joined to get some advice and inside info on your Johann Krauss build. I was told by a few people that I should check here for info on it since I have started to build mu own suit. I have a couple of questions.

1. How did you make the parts on the helmet? I have been trying to replicate the parts where the smoke comes out but I am not even close to your level.

2. Where did you get the clear dome? I have been looking for places that could do this customizable work but they are far too expensive for me.

3. Were you able to have smoke come out of all the right places? If so, how and what did you use?

If you want to keep these a secret I am fine with that, but I have already been working on this project for a few months now and I am stuck on a few places.

1. The parts in my FIRST version (above) were mainly scratch built out of styrene, and castings of sour cream containers! However, a while back I started on a V2 helmet here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/hellboy-johann-kraus-helmet-v2-139030/?highlight=kraus with all 3d printed parts.

2. The clear dome was custom ordered according to my specs. They cost around 200-300 to have made...

3. I only had smoke from the right glove due to a lack of time- it was a rush to finish before Halloween. I used "smoke in a can" and built a special nozzle with a long thin hose running up through the arm. It worked "ok". You can also use a setup for "fake" NOX effects on cars to blow smoke.

As far as I know, I was the only one to have built one of these last year.

1. The parts in my FIRST version (above) were mainly scratch built out of styrene, and castings of sour cream containers! However, a while back I started on a V2 helmet here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/hellboy-johann-kraus-helmet-v2-139030/?highlight=kraus with all 3d printed parts.

2. The clear dome was custom ordered according to my specs. They cost around 200-300 to have made...

3. I only had smoke from the right glove due to a lack of time- it was a rush to finish before Halloween. I used "smoke in a can" and built a special nozzle with a long thin hose running up through the arm. It worked "ok". You can also use a setup for "fake" NOX effects on cars to blow smoke.

As far as I know, I was the only one to have built one of these last year.

Very cool! I recently got a metal hose for the outside at a junk yard and I am going to be running a hose through it for smoke. These are great tips! Where did you have the pieces 3D printed at? I was thinking of making them move with something like a music box piece or something on a miniature motor.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back