Helagaks Iron man Mark 42 ALL FILES RELEASED!!

UPDATE!! COMPLETE MODEL REBUILD!!
Allow me to introduce, my new MARK 42 project!
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/helagak/torso.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/helagak/Capture6.jpg
I know there are other fine mark 42 projects on this board. (Im looking at you jackiesrockin and neuer22! =D ) but my first files were just sitting there staring at me, MOCKING me, saying "you can do better!!"
also, i wanted to make a more accurate mk42 that was 3d printable for this years halloween. so i figured i would make the new files paper and foam pep friendly while i was at it.
The Discussion for the rebuild starts on page 12 of this thread

anyways!! here are the new mark 42 files unfolded so far!
updates will be added to this first post.

FINISHED UNFOLDS

These are unfolded by me because of confusion with scaling and such. so i went back and unfolded everything. (except the shoulder. that is still ironmaided's unfold.
COMPLETE ZIP OF ALL MY FOAM PDO FILES!!
helagaks mark 42 whole suit_1 - Download - 4shared - bob fitz
http://www.imgur.com/iGzoFcL.jpeg

MY INDIVIDUAL PDOs

HELMET
helagaks mark 42 helmet foam letter size - Download - 4shared - bob fitz
View attachment 225867

NECK
helagaks mark 42 neck - Download - 4shared - bob fitz
View attachment 225862

CHEST
*LINK HERE*

BACK
*LINK HERE*

ABS
HELAGAKS MARK 42 ABS - Download - 4shared - bob fitz
View attachment 225868

COD / HIP PODS
helagaks mark 42 cod - Download - 4shared - bob fitz

BUTT CHEEKS
*link here*

THIGH
helagaks mark 42 thigh v1 - Download - 4shared - bob fitz
View attachment 225863

KNEE
helagaks mark 42 knee - Download - 4shared - bob fitz

SHIN
helagaks mark 42 left shin - Download - 4shared - bob fitz

BOOT
helagaks mark 42 left boot v1.0 - Download - 4shared - bob fitz
View attachment 225865

WHOLE LEG
helagaks mark 42 whole leg - Download - 4shared - bob fitz
View attachment 225864

FOAM EDITS BY IRONMAIDED

MARK 42 CHEST
View attachment 205068
IM_MK42_NEW_CHEST_BY_HELAGAK_foam_by_ironmaided - Download - 4shared - lee christmas

MARK 42 BACK
View attachment 205230
IM_MK42_NEW_BACK_BY_HELAGAK_foam_by_ironmaided - Download - 4shared - lee christmas

MARK 42 LEFT SHOULDER
View attachment 204507
im_mk42_new shoulders_by_helagak_minor edit-foam unfold by ironmaided - Download - 4shared - lee christmas

MARK 42 LEFT BICEP
View attachment 205069
im_mk42_new_bicep_by_helagak_foam_by_ironmaided - Download - 4shared - lee christmas

MARK 42 LEFT FOREARM
View attachment 205232
IM_MK42_NEW_FOREARM_BY_HELAGAK_foam_by_ironmaided - Download - 4shared - lee christmas

resized, letter versions of ironmaided's foam unfolds!
Resized to fit 5'10" 180lbs

CHEST
im_mk42_new_chest_by_helagak_foam_by_ironmaided resized letter - Download - 4shared - bob fitz

FOAM UNFOLDS BY SPEEDSTER

SHIN
Iron man mark 42 abs modeld by helagak unfolded by speedster - Download - 4shared - Alex .A

Helagak's Abs unfolded by speedster:

View attachment 218232

Abs Here

Helagak's chest unfolded by speedster:

View attachment 218238

Chest here

Helagak's back unfolded by speedster:

View attachment 218241

Back here

Helagak's boot unfolded by speedster:

View attachment 218240

Boot here

Helagak's arm unfolded by speedster:

View attachment 218242

Full Arm here

Helagak's Helmet unfolded by speedster:

View attachment 218239

Helmet Here

scales of that armor please

In case people are keeping track of this type of thing, I've started a foam build, using IronMaided's unfolds so far. I don't understand some of the scaling differences, but I'm pretty sure I'll just physically measure each piece and use that scale. Thanks much to both Helagaks and Ironmaided!

well i hate to admit this but i've made something not right with the files. . .but it is still usable if the user know how to scale parts. . .

well i hate to admit this but i've made something not right with the files. . .but it is still usable if the user know how to scale parts. . .

Haha no worries, I'm just using a measuring tape to check the sizes of things. I bet that'll work well enough in the end!

scaling and sizing can be tricky. its been my achilles heel for my personal builds being a big guy. but ive learned a few tricks and im still learning. the "measure distance between 2 points" tool is your best friend. based on reference pics and action figures determine WHERE and HOW the armor should fit. if you have access to a general sizing chart based on height it helps get you in the ball park but were not all built the same and these characters are for the most part not anatomically correct so you'll have to take a little artistic license and make the best of it. for example there can 2 people the same height lets say 5'10'': person (a) is generally proportionate so a scale based on height will work for the whole suit. person (b) is the same height but has a longer torso and shorter legs so the scale works for the upper torso and arms but the legs will be too long and the abs too short. do you see where im going here?
heres a shot of my personal build notes:

then theres also what type build you have skinny fat muscular etc. youll have to fine tune your pepfiles to fit better fit you by either taking it in or adding. and this is easily determined by just scotch tape assembling the pep and test fitting. remember to take into account the thickness of the material you will use on your build. you might end up making a few test pieces but its worth it to get it to fit and look right.
i hope this helps.

^this. . .thanks for posting buddy. . .

i scale my suits (robo's mk4-6, darkside's mk7, dancin_fool's mk2-3, helagak and jackie's mk42, jackies IP) based on my height. . since im petite, scaling based on my height is the best option. . .many of you guys having problems scaling because it's either you are skinny fat muscular etc., one scale isn't enough

ironmaided im in need of your expertise bro can u post some close ups of your bicep?. my 1st attempt at the bicep i went up 10% and still had to widen it i took your advice on using thinner foam on the side hinge pieces. arm fits but it looks crappy :( this is now a test piece. i got it to fit now im trying to make it look right. any advice critique suggestions appreciated. just tryn to get it right and do the files justice.

glue the front piece of the bicep closer. . .as well as the back piece of the bicep

14492_519318811483916_1662116401_n.jpg

I'll admit I'm lucky when it comes to scaling. I have just about ideal proportions for iron man suits... I'm 6'2" and super skinny. So I can always fit into things. Measuring should work pretty well for me.

^this. . .thanks for posting buddy. . .

i scale my suits (robo's mk4-6, darkside's mk7, dancin_fool's mk2-3, helagak and jackie's mk42, jackies IP) based on my height. . since im petite, scaling based on my height is the best option. . .many of you guys having problems scaling because it's either you are skinny fat muscular etc., one scale isn't enough
I'm glad you're "petite" because I'm (tall and) really skinny. If you were short and not skinny then your scale wouldn't fit on me.

my scale won't fit anyone because it is my scale. . so obviously you need to scale any files based on your measurement, not based on others' measurement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back