Has anyone made a replica of Asajj Ventress Sabers?

Djinn

Sr Member
I have seen fan made version of almost every other saber other out there except these.

And on the same subject, does anyone have any decent pics of her sabers?

These sabers are high on my list but I have not seen ones for sale. Someone did a great version and then sold it for casting, but the person who purchased it has never gotten around to casting. I don't remember who made the thing, or who bought the prototype:unsure

Jentress in the New England Garrison has Ventress sabers that were made by Ultrasabers.

P9020081.jpg

JentressandAnakin3.jpg

I thought the same thing while watching the Clone Wars tonight.
They're very similar to Dooku's but they have a rectangular emitter, I think. Has there been a toy version yet?

These sabers are high on my list but I have not seen ones for sale. Someone did a great version and then sold it for casting, but the person who purchased it has never gotten around to casting. I don't remember who made the thing, or who bought the prototype:unsure

The person who sold it was Luuke. The person who bought them was "growltyger" over at RS.com.

Here's the thread:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Propsfanmade&Number=3384794

That is it, I was the last person to post in that thread almost 5 months ago, and I could not find it:wacko
I am still hoping for a nice set of these.:unsure

There are many versions of Ventress's sabers from various sources: different in different comic books, different on the comic book cover from in the comic book, the Clone Wars cartoon on Cartoon Network and several action figures. Therefore, each pair of fan-made Ventress sabers has been wildly different from the next.

The sabers from the animated "The Clone Wars" series is of course also a lot different than any version of the saber that came before. It has a square emitter, which none of the others had.

Luuke (now under the boardname "BlueMirageStudio") based his version on Jan Duursema's cartoon drawings, such as they were in e.g. "Jedi: Mace Windu".
I can make a different interpretation from the same drawings ...

So there has never been any official design for the sabers at all?

I was wondering what was the normal official look since they are so different each time they appear in comics, cartoons and toys. They are normally shown with little to no detail at all, just black and silver ribbing with some kind of grip type section with a red button and an emitter connected by a short thin neck. But Last nights Clone Wars episode did show a little detail, there was some kind of ribbed section just below the rectangular emitter. And a little more detail on the area connecting to the emitter.

Do we have anyone here that is good at getting some screen grabs?

Okay, immediately after making that last post I went to work looking around for any Asajj Ventress Pics hoping to get a glimpse of her sabers. I found a few thing that look very interesting,.............. and oversized

2008_star_wars_the_clone_wars_041.jpg

This pic sheds a lot of light on the square emitter, and apparently the whole saber is squarish in shape. Plus it covers the weird little piece of metal that runs down the sides of the saber. I have noticed a strange bar running down the sides in a couple other pics, sometimes it's straight sometimes curved with the hilt.

Ventress_Katuunko.jpg

Cloak_of_Darkness.jpg

Asajj_staff_TCW.jpg

2008_star_wars_the_clone_wars_008.jpg

Last edited:
I thought her sabers originally belonged to Komari Vosa, taken by Count Dooku after he force chokes her in Star Wars "Bounty Hunter" and given to Ventress years later
bounty-hunter_vosa_1600x1200.jpg

I always prefered these versions of the saber, but it seems they ignored these designs altogether.

Last edited:
I thought her sabers originally belonged to Komari Vosa, taken by Count Dooku after he force chokes her in Star Wars "Bounty Hunter" and given to Ventress years later

For some reason I thought that to, I don't know where I read it though. I may try to do hardware versions of them, but I don't think I'd pay for licensed versions.

asajjsaber1.jpg

This pic plus the screen grabs give me a decent enough idea of how it looks. At least enough to tackle a hardware version. The next thing to do is figure out the measurements. Something I kinda suck at. But the curved hilt with a squareish design is very different from all other sabers I have seen. And I love how unique these are.

I don’t know if this will help or not, but here is a stunt version I put together a couple years ago that I was planning to cast in resin and then attach machined emitters. Personally, I like the looks of the Clone Wars version better with the squared off emitter. This was more of a knock off of the original..

Ventress.jpg

Nice, you version actually looks exactly like the early clone wars cartoon and Dark Horse comic version. With the Obi style emitter attached by a thin neck to an area with a red button on top.

I was figuring that design until I saw the squarish Clone Wars series pics and decided to give those a try.

asajjsaber1.jpg

This pic plus the screen grabs give me a decent enough idea of how it looks. At least enough to tackle a hardware version. The next thing to do is figure out the measurements. Something I kinda suck at. But the curved hilt with a squareish design is very different from all other sabers I have seen. And I love how unique these are.

is it flat like that or does it have more of a oval shape such as a number 0 s shape

From what I see they look like they are more of a square shape with rounded sides and not an oval.

But I think the old style was a little too plain, I think the newer Clone Wars sabers are truely unique. Although I have never worked out a way for them to connect on the pommel.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back