Harrison Ford in vintage sitcom

From what I always understood, if it wasn't for LOVE AMERICAN STYLE, we wouldn't have had Happy Days and in part, the casting of American Graffiti.

A semi-Happy Days episode first appeared on the Love, American Style on Feb. 25, 1972, a year before American Graffiti was released. Many cast members who were on Love American Style were used in American Graffiti. Due to the success of American Graffiti, Happy Days was spun off in 1974.

Actually Fred Roos was the reason for "Graffitti, Godfather and much more.

The mans a legend started out as a casting director for the Andy Griffith Show and moved on up to Producing

From what I always understood, if it wasn't for LOVE AMERICAN STYLE, we wouldn't have had Happy Days and in part, the casting of American Graffiti.

A semi-Happy Days episode first appeared on the Love, American Style on Feb. 25, 1972, a year before American Graffiti was released. Many cast members who were on Love American Style were used in American Graffiti. Due to the success of American Graffiti, Happy Days was spun off in 1974.

Actually Fred Roos was the reason for "Graffitti, Godfather and much more.

The mans a legend started out as a casting director for the Andy Griffith Show and moved on up to Producing

I know that.... but I don'y think there is a coincidence that some of one cast ended up cast in another project. Maybe he saw the chemistry of some of those actors? They ended up in American Graffiti and then a few were ultimately cast in Happy Days.

Oh yeah Fred was always cultivating new talent same as Don Phillips a LOT of Actors owe their careers to those two

I don'y think there is a coincidence that some of one cast ended up cast in another project. Maybe he saw the chemistry of some of those actors? They ended up in American Graffiti and then a few were ultimately cast in Happy Days.

A semi-Happy Days episode first appeared on the Love, American Style on Feb. 25, 1972, a year before American Graffiti was released.

Cool, I wanna see it. Do you have a link to that episode?

The Wook

I believe this is one of the episodes:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe5wjf

Of course they altered the show synopsis, and some cast when they ended up doing Happy Days the series.

I watched Part 1 and Part 2...they were great! Never knew they existed! I used to watch Love, American Style, but had not seen these. I don't recall the show ever doing period pieces.

These eps were so much racier than Happy Days. lol

Great stuff, thanks!

The Wook

Yeah Gary Marshal backdoored that pilot right on in to a 11 year run! :lol

We also got Joanie loves chachi out of that deal so......

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back