HalloweenCostumes.com “Back to the Future Hoverboard”

Really excited to see how this thing will look like... Maybe I will get one... But first I have to wait if it's possible to make this thing close (let's say closer) to the SU board...

I talked to HC today. The person I talked to say they got their hands on the prototype for a short time, the footpad did spin around it was not fixed.

I talked to HC today. The person I talked to say they got their hands on the prototype for a short time, the footpad did spin around it was not fixed.
Great news! Yeah I really can't wait to have this in hand I don't want to buy any materials until then just to be careful but I'm going all out on this one

The battery pack on shapeways they want $56
Both hold downs are $26 ($10 and $16) those prices are my cost...
I didnt even bother with the magnet because I know it would be too expensive. I drew the parts separately so that printing would be easier... I have friends with 3d printers so that isnt the cost prohibitive part, the mold making and casting materials seem expensive.

For my hover magnets I use these: 6" x 1/2" aluminum pizza pans
http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/american-metalcraft/a2006/p386742.aspx

Regards,
--Electro--

Has anyone thought about how they'll be adding the hole on their board??

The handlebar hole? This is how Mattel did it. Looks like it's just a cup piece molded or joined onto the top half.

ProtoType2-600x303.jpg

On my Sintra board, I drilled a hole and enlarged it with a hole saw. I glued a section of PVC pipe to the underside of the top surface. Then after the board was painted and assembled, I placed the top graphic on top and trimmed out the hole with an Exacto blade. Painted the hole black inside.

Hope the velcro isnt recessed in the board mold like it was with the Mattel version.
its very clear in the pics on the hc site that the board is a mattel board down to the recessed foot pad to the recessed Velcro but im not worried since im putting lenticular on my board so you wont be able to see the recess once i have everything laid down. I plan on buying the lenticular from sommers this weekend and i should have the board done a few days after it gets to me. all i need to buy now is the lenticular and the furry strap for the footpad. I plan on using small pink stickers ive matched to the boards pink to cover the bottom screws that are most likley hiding under the decals and once the lenticular is put down you shouldnt be able to see where they are. thats the plan anyways. i also bought some glossy white sticker sheets from ebay that are home printable for the mattel logos.

bigv69er would you be able to make mattel stickers made for cheap? i know vormz sells them for 10 shipped from france but i figure someone in the states could get a better price

Last edited by a moderator:
@bigv69er would you be able to make mattel stickers made for cheap? i know vormz sells them for 10 shipped from france but i figure someone in the states could get a better price
Ill go ask this weekend..

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back