HalloweenCostumes.com “Back to the Future Hoverboard”

oh yeah well its 14 bucks to ship but i figure its fine since the board is so cheap im less in the hole aha how much material did you order?
There's a minimum order, can't remember how much but I could make 5 or 6 complete hoverboards.
You should be fine with 1 yard but maybe taking 2 is a good option if you mess it up or want to do some tests...
I think simmers material is very good, I wish I could get some sometimes.

Vormz im really excited about working on this thing aha especially after seeing your board come out so good i have a good feeling about modding the hc board

Last edited by a moderator:
I have pre-order it too.
As soon as I get the board, I'll take measurements and produce some kits for those who want.

im really excited to get this thing in about a month is everyone getting the march 15th date? when i was sending emails to hc they told me their first shipment is 3,000 boards so we shouldnt have to wait like some of us did with the mag pre orders overselling

I just got done reading an email from the head of customer service about the purple patch on the bottom of the board.

The way he answered sounded like he was saying it's a sticker, but it also kind of sounded like he could have been referring to the whole bottom decal.

I just got done reading an email from the head of customer service about the purple patch on the bottom of the board.

The way he answered sounded like he was saying it's a sticker, but it also kind of sounded like he could have been referring to the whole bottom decal.
thats what it sounded like to me too, they sounded like they werent sure but wanted to answer anyways lol @Vormz no the magnets those are full parts but he was reffering to the purple "battery pack" vector where the battery pack should be on the board instead its a battery pack shaped decal with a bttf2 logo

I'm guessing they tried to keep the costs down, so they didn't create an injection mold for the magnet extensions or the battery box because they figure the board will be carried a lot as a costume accessory (with your arm holding the middle of the board and obscuring those parts).

I would bet the bottom sticker is also all in one, no separate die cuts to reduce cost. That's my guess anyways!

Last edited:
Anyone got a measurement on the Mattel-board Mattel logo?

I printed Roland's sheet as a greyscale tester on paper and got just under 2-1/4 inches.

Would like to confirm measurement with the original before I start printing mine with more expensive materials.

Last edited:
Anyone got a measurement on the Mattel-board Mattel logo?

I printed Roland's sheet as a greyscale tester on paper and got just under 2-1/4 inches.

Would like to confirm measurement with the original before I start printing mine with more expensive materials.
I'd wait I have the board in hands before making anything for this project it seems to be a Matty board remake but we dot know for sure better safe then sorry

I'd wait I have the board in hands before making anything for this project it seems to be a Matty board remake but we dot know for sure better safe then sorry

This is research time, I don't even have the printable vinyl on hand. Even without anything to work with yet, still need the measurement.

Just checked mine: 58mm which is 2.28 inches or just OVER 2 1/4 inches.

-Nick

Thanks, Nick. I got 56mm including the white border.

I'll have to double-check my print settings, but I'm sure I printed the US-letter size with no scaling.

The printed size of my Mattel logo should be 56.23 mm or 2.22 inches. Please note: I didn't measure the size of the Matty board logo (in case it differs from the screen used board). My logo is extracted from my more screen accurate stunt board files.

The printed size of my Mattel logo should be 56.23 mm or 2.22 inches. Please note: I didn't measure the size of the Matty board logo (in case it differs from the screen used board). My logo is extracted from my more screen accurate stunt board files.

Okay, then I think my print is fine. Thank you for clarifying what it should print at.

Just a reminder; this is not a sales thread. All sales take place under Classifieds.

As a non-premium member I won't be selling anything or gauging any interest. I am making logos for personal use only, if that is what you are referring to.

You mean everything under the board could be a sticker? Even the anti-gravity pads?

That would be extremely disappointing if it were the case.

halloweencostumes-com-back-future-hoverboard-back-future-hoverboard-back-jpg-434779d1422994683

It doesn't look to the case from this image, however the both the battery box and the connecting rods are missing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back