HalloweenCostumes.com “Back to the Future Hoverboard”

While not perfect by any means and some areas need to be tidied up, I’m pretty satisfied with it. Especially considering the bargain this came out to be.

A1DD776A-FA73-4620-847F-160243E2C378.jpeg
DFFEBB8C-5CD9-421A-BD3A-43E9E70B3B8A.jpeg

D831ABCE-4C8B-454D-BDF9-FD8E59DBCF7A.jpeg
E4ADE59B-ABB2-4C66-9C56-0AA1BF2BE263.jpeg
A83C05DC-ABDC-4267-B853-8CB27F8F5B26.jpeg

here is a shot featuring the Magnoli Clothiers hat:
4F0E2CBA-7259-4AE4-AC30-A0E3437354D4.jpeg

(such a cool hat)

one happy camper:)
1C8F748E-D7D3-447C-AD45-79D3B7A0D481.jpeg

Last edited:
Mechanized

Looks great! :) I just wonder why you put the wrong side of the lenticular on the front of the board, but the correct side on the back.

I made experiments with my clear lenticular I got from Sommers Plastics. Bought some hot pink vinyl with both sides in the same color and stuck the lenticular on the sticky side of the vinyl. And to my surprise it didn't destroy the 3-D effect. Now I just need the HC board. :D

View attachment 1308973

Back side:

View attachment 1308974

View attachment 1308975
What are you going to use for adhesive for the vinyl to the board?

While not perfect by any means and some areas need to be tidied up, I’m pretty satisfied with it. Especially considering the bargain this came out to be.

View attachment 1309935View attachment 1309936

View attachment 1309937View attachment 1309938View attachment 1309939

here is a shot featuring the Magnoli Clothiers hat:
View attachment 1309940
(such a cool hat)

one happy camper:) View attachment 1309941

How big is the black hole you've drilled dude, and what size 'bung' did you use?

How big is the black hole you've drilled dude, and what size 'bung' did you use?

The hole measures at 1 inch. To plug the hole I used water bottle top, lol. Pretty much sanded down the groves and painted. Worked like a charm.

Obviously there are better routes to go. But I wasn’t about to put money into something I could find or make.

The hole measures at 1 inch. To plug the hole I used water bottle top, lol. Pretty much sanded down the groves and painted. Worked like a charm.

Obviously there are better routes to go. But I wasn’t about to put money into something I could find or make.

Thank you dude, do you have a source for velcro etc? Im in the UK and I am STRUGGLING on both ebay/etsy and amazon :(

Can I please BEG someone help out a UK guy?

I can’t find any of the upgrade parts for this in the UK.

Velcro, Lenticular, battery compartment etc.

If some super kind soul in the USA would piece this together and ship to me you’ll make a british man so very happy!

I 3d printed something from agredfearn:

Mechanized

Looks great! :) I just wonder why you put the wrong side of the lenticular on the front of the board, but the correct side on the back.

I made experiments with my clear lenticular I got from Sommers Plastics. Bought some hot pink vinyl with both sides in the same color and stuck the lenticular on the sticky side of the vinyl. And to my surprise it didn't destroy the 3-D effect. Now I just need the HC board. :D

Hey Roland, hope you're well. I was wondering where you got the hot pink vinyl from? Any particular brand you'd recommend? I'm in the U.K.

Also, I was wondering if I could possibly please have the PDF files of your latest Hoverboard graphics so I could apply it to a Halloween Costumes board? Did you have a file for the Halloween board size? I can't seem to locate it on the forum. In the different formats if possible? A4 for home printing if I get a decent printer and A3 and poster sizes, if I send the file to be printed on vinyl. Thanks so much.

So, with my HC hoverboard coming out of limbo, I’m back on the hunt for a couple items.

-green Velcro
-pink Velcro

Just can’t seem to find the right shade of either color :/

I did read through the thread and saw members mentioning an eBay seller (ladesigner2012) however, I cannot seem to find them.

I thought about just buying white and dyeing to the proper color if need be but I figured I’d ask here first. Any help would be appreciated(y)

**update**
Found the goodies:)

Hi, loving your board. I am planning a Halloween Costumes conversion too. I was wondering what shade of velcro you went for in the end? I have saved these. Is this the same what you got? Luminous Pink and Luminous green seem to be the only colour near to it.

I also have ordered this for the Flo neon pink for the fur, but not sure if it's the right shade now. What do you think?

Hey, maton thanks for the compliment :)

everything’s looks good to me. I like that color pink. I checked my order and it said I got ‘fuchsia’.

Once I got the fuchsia color in-hand it was slightly darker than I wanted. I was able to lighten up slightly by adding a white paper backing.

For the fur, you may have to trim it. I got mine (albeit from another seller) and the hair was way to long. As a barber, this was an easy task to fix. Idk about others. So just keep that in mind as a possibility.

Go with what you feel is best though. Any other questions you may have, feel free to shoot them my way. Happy Building, mate.

Hey, maton thanks for the compliment :)

everything’s looks good to me. I like that color pink. I checked my order and it said I got ‘fuchsia’.

Once I got the fuchsia color in-hand it was slightly darker than I wanted. I was able to lighten up slightly by adding a white paper backing.

For the fur, you may have to trim it. I got mine (albeit from another seller) and the hair was way to long. As a barber, this was an easy task to fix. Idk about others. So just keep that in mind as a possibility.

Go with what you feel is best though. Any other questions you may have, feel free to shoot them my way. Happy Building, mate.

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. Ahhh ok! I'm in the U.K, so had a search for the Fuchsia velcro and this came up,25mm Sew-on Hook & Loop tape Alfatex® Brand supplied by the Velcro Companies | eBay looks ok. So I think I will order some of that. As for the green, I can't find that shade in the U.K yet. Yes, I guess I will trim the pink fur and see what it looks like when it arrives and I get it on the board. Did you also make the battery compartment and the little extra linking parts for the underneath? Thanks

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. Ahhh ok! I'm in the U.K, so had a search for the Fuchsia velcro and this came up,25mm Sew-on Hook & Loop tape Alfatex® Brand supplied by the Velcro Companies | eBay looks ok. So I think I will order some of that. As for the green, I can't find that shade in the U.K yet. Yes, I guess I will trim the pink fur and see what it looks like when it arrives and I get it on the board. Did you also make the battery compartment and the little extra linking parts for the underneath? Thanks

I was able to find the battery from a member on the FB RPF group page. With a little searching I’m sure the seller will pop-up. Check Thingiverse also I’m sure there are files on there available for 3d print.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back