Guardians of the Galaxy Star Lord jacket - standard leather jacket modifications

Is the vent over the bicep open, or sewed down? And the color looks lighter than the fjackets one I have...can you describe the color?

Hound, thanks for the pics, it looks pretty good. I'm trying to figure out what size as well. Obviously the Jacket Pratt wore is tailored to him, so I'm looking on going a size down so it's a bit tighter fit. I should remeasure myself though, but my chest is probably over 40" and my waist is around 30" so I think a small might suit me. The only thing is my arms are kind of long, so I'm hoping the sleeves aren't too short.

I've been in contact with CosplaySky this week, and they are looking into changing their current coat to be more accurate. Specifically, the sleeve details are what I'm focusing on to be added.

Hound, thanks for the pics, it looks pretty good. I'm trying to figure out what size as well. Obviously the Jacket Pratt wore is tailored to him, so I'm looking on going a size down so it's a bit tighter fit. I should remeasure myself though, but my chest is probably over 40" and my waist is around 30" so I think a small might suit me. The only thing is my arms are kind of long, so I'm hoping the sleeves aren't too short.

Hey Bloop, having done this before, it's probably best to get one that will fit your arms and then have it tailored. Best have the extra fabric than not enough, right? :D

Staar Lord Maan, you're right, I would ideally like to have the jacket tailored, but I probably won't be able to. I work on a cruise ship, so I'm limited on what I can do. Even ordering online can take weeks longer to get to me. I'm also limited in what I have here, so modifications aren't easy, if even possible at all.

Last edited:
I've been in contact with CosplaySky this week, and they are looking into changing their current coat to be more accurate. Specifically, the sleeve details are what I'm focusing on to be added.
I've been waiting on ordering any jacket in case something better came along. If cosplaysky can make a better jacket, I'd be very interested. The price is close enough to the others available to make it worth getting if they do get a few more details right.

I do like the cosplaysky one, but I wish it was real leather! That's kind of a big deal to me when it comes to this jacket. And I'd also be very interested in your description of the ebay jacket color, as it does seem to be lighter than the fjackets one.

Aeric

So I got a nice little package today. I bought one of the "Guardians of the Galaxy STARLORD Chris Pratt Red SLIM FIT GENUINE Leather Jacket" from the seller "Trading.Plus" and I gotta say, I know it's not completely screen accurate, but man, I love it. I'll drop this test pic I did with the few items I have here right now. I edited the pic to try and get the color as close to what the jacket is in hand. I'll post some close ups and other detail shots tomorrow if you guys like. Let me know if you want to see anything in particular. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412146398.809714.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I've ordered a custom Star Lord Jacket from a seller on eBay. I'll take some pics when it arrives.

Obvioisly I'd like to mod it to be more screen accurate. I'm thinking new zip, arm valve and arm patch.
Can anyone recommend an RPF member selling good patches and valves? I've seen a few on here already but I don't know who's work is the best.

Also, I've got 0 skills in painting so if anyone sold them ready painted rather than as a kit I'd really like to hear about it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back