Green Lantern Movie costume

Thanks again guys, Sure thad pm me with any questions. The trailer was awesome! I just need to see more of the legs of hal's suit. I think I have almost I all need for an accurate torso now.

Sinestro looks amazing as well, that suit also just made the list ;)

I'm excited to start on V2 of this suit.

Anyone else notice the black, or at least darker green, areas added back to the suit since the Entertainment Weekly cover?

attachment.php

Ryu

As a GL reader for 30 years, now that I see the costume on a real human being, all I can think is "Why is he wearing a mask?". It's certainly not a disguise. It just looks....dumb?

As a GL reader for 30 years, now that I see the costume on a real human being, all I can think is "Why is he wearing a mask?". It's certainly not a disguise. It just looks....dumb?

If you're after practicality and realism, perhaps the story of a fearless pilot who's given a high-tech superpower-imbuing ring by a dying color-coded alien police officer isn't for you. :lol This is after all the same universe where a 6'4" black haired, blue-eyed Greek-sculpture-looking fellow is not only deemed unrecognizable but also too much of a dork to be considered a love interest when he puts on a pair of glasses. Embrace the sillyness!

And, sweet! The costume looks even better with the dark areas added.

In the photo the suit looks too digital, i know is digital but try to make it more real material well let see how it will be the movie.

"Why is he wearing a mask?". It's certainly not a disguise. It just looks....dumb?

I think part of it has to do with it looking pretty much like a second skin. There's really no build or depth to it. Granted we'd still easily recognize him if it was thicker but I think it would look better, be more realistic and be more easy to buy into.

I took some 1080p screen caps last night of the suit, ring, Abin Sur, Sinestro. I'll put them up when I get home tonight.

If you slow it down frame by frame, you can see they literally CG out some of Reynolds' waist when he suits up at the end of the trailer to give him more super-heroic proportions. I think they went too thin on him.

Interestingly enough even though the suit is CGI it reminds me of the suits we saw in Watchmen for Ozymandias or Nite Owl II, that same kind of feel. I wonder that is the key to realizing one of these with the overall feel.

I think part of it has to do with it looking pretty much like a second skin. There's really no build or depth to it. Granted we'd still easily recognize him if it was thicker but I think it would look better, be more realistic and be more easy to buy into.

I took some 1080p screen caps last night of the suit, ring, Abin Sur, Sinestro. I'll put them up when I get home tonight.

I wasn't criticizing Darthchiro's costume, more the transition from what looks perfectly natural and acceptable on the comic page to what just doesn't look right or practical in real life.

Amazing job on the costume...especially if you consider the lack of reference at the time!

I wasn't criticizing Darthchiro's costume, more the transition from what looks perfectly natural and acceptable on the comic page to what just doesn't look right or practical in real life.

Amazing job on the costume...especially if you consider the lack of reference at the time!

I didn't think you were criticizing Darthchiro's work. Sorry if there was any confusion on that.

And I completely understand what you're saying that the mask doesn't really look like it serves the purpose of hiding his identity. When you bring it into a live action film, you can clearly see who's behind the mask. I just think it would look better if they made it look thicker and not follow the shape of his face so much.

And just to be clear, Darth I think you do great work and I'm looking forward to seeing more. I'm really impressed by the light effect you did on the chest.

If you slow it down frame by frame, you can see they literally CG out some of Reynolds' waist when he suits up at the end of the trailer to give him more super-heroic proportions. I think they went too thin on him.

I wholeheartedly agree. Reynolds frame was heroic as is. It looked too thin in the costume.

As someone already mentioned, for there not being an actual costume for Ryan Reynods to wear, and you to reference, this looks amazing! Can't wait to see pics of it more refined.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back