Green Hornet Stinger?

manofsteel25

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi

I'm looking to see if anyone knows where a good replica can be had for the Green Hornet Stinger fomr the 1967 series. Pic attached. I believe this to be a modified found item of the period so if anyone knows what it was made from or used in constuction that would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Nice to know such a replica was even produced but I am looking to see if there's anything more current or any info on what the original was made from.

I know this was a short lived series but I figured this information would be out there somewhere.

I can't find the book, but there was a book on the tv show. I think that it was in the book where they talked a little about the props. The Stinger was a custom machine prop that was opened by a spring. That was a problem, in that the spring was too powerful. After having the prop explosively fly apart on opening a few times, the spring was removed. They had Van Williams then open it wit a flick of his wrist.

David.

I can't find the book, but there was a book on the tv show. I think that it was in the book where they talked a little about the props. The Stinger was a custom machine prop that was opened by a spring. That was a problem, in that the spring was too powerful. After having the prop explosively fly apart on opening a few times, the spring was removed. They had Van Williams then open it wit a flick of his wrist.

David.

I remember that also.. :lol

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back