Great Site! Here is my collection of Star Wars Material (photos of my collection)

Re: Great Site! Here is my collection of Star Wars Material (photos of my collection

haha, Hi rich! Yeah, im becoming more and more enthralled with production and prop material. I got these most recent props off You-know-who from ILM, trying to work down some contacts to get more from other ex-ILMers. As for the piece im working on, its not a piece anyones seen for sale before. Long shot thing. Im also working on acquiring a ford and fisher contract as well. Ill post pics if I land any of em.

Re: Great Site! Here is my collection of Star Wars Material (photos of my collection

haha, Hi rich! Yeah, im becoming more and more enthralled with production and prop material. I got these most recent props off You-know-who from ILM, trying to work down some contacts to get more from other ex-ILMers. As for the piece im working on, its not a piece anyones seen for sale before. Long shot thing. Im also working on acquiring a ford and fisher contract as well. Ill post pics if I land any of em.
Nice. If you ever are offered something you don't want or can't afford from the SW ILM archive powers that be, maybe you can pass the info on to me. We are working very hard to open a public sci-fi museum right now and can always add to the exhibit. Can also give credit on the display card to whomever helps us acquire rare pieces.

Being honest if i get offered it, I generally buy it. I've come to the conclusion that if it's locked down real, direct from the folks who made it, I'm gonna pony up and buy it (star wars anyway). I don't think I would be your best source for material my friend.

That is fine but it never hurts to ask. We have some SW pieces for the exhibit but you never know...

No, I hear ya. Cant hurt to ask of course.

Hello, been a few months. Friend gave me a REALLY cool piece from Star wars, part of the Sail barge from ROTJ from one of the ILM set builders. Ill post pics of it later, its part of the stitched skin on sails on top.

Hello. Well, its not a prop persay, but i thought it was cool. Its the original production illustration for the Star wars Comic Strip daily from January 6th 1980. Great Russ Manning artwork on it. It measures about 6x14 and is super clean. Comic art was my first big love. Nice way to combine it was SW and production material collecting.
13520-original-sw-art.jpg

Hey, Some asked me to Bump this thread up who was looking to buy. I forget your name, but i figured bumping this in the place you asked would be best way to find ya.

Got this a while ago but got the images loaded finally.

I collect original SW props, but i only buy ones directly from ILM guys ive come into contact with via graphs. I got this directly from one of the ILM Rotoscope artists collection. It is a lightsaber/flash animation rotoscope for a lightsabre fight from ESB between Luke and Vader. They work like animation cels, each time they added the roto lightsaber they did it with these Drawings.

He had a few but this one was clear as to the sabers and the fight. Im still trying to match the scene, but the artist didnt know exactly which of the OT movies it was from. Research time i guess. Also this one had other effects indicating reflection lighting from Saber Contact. Had to have it. Never seen these offered before. Had to pull trigger when it came up.

Image1SW_jpg.PNG

More Production Pieces acquired.

This is an original hand drawn first shot Empire Strikes Back Storyboard. Since its got technical elements and walkers, good chance its actually Joe Johnston drawn. Will confirm if he was the artist or not. Its fully hand drawn, no mechanical replication, showing back as proof. some correction marks too. Other then a lot of pinholes, its in great shape!

Sport132.jpg

Sport133.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back