STAR WARS - RETURN OF THE JEDI | CARRIE FISHER "PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA" JABBA THE HUTT SLAVE COSTUME UP FOR AUCTION

I just read the description... and I STILL can't tell if parts of this were screen used or not. There's a lot of specifically worded language in the description that makes me think: SOME of these pieces were production made, but NOT necessarily screen used. There a multiple claifying words and phrases here that make me think tis was not the costume that Carrie wore.

Original production costume components like those seen as part of the full iconic slave costume worn by Carrie Fisher as "Princess Leia Organa" in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (Lucasfilm Ltd., 1983).

Included is the original brassiere, front and back lower plate that would have been connected by a fabric loincloth, hip parts and two arm bands. These components are original production-made castings that were professionally painted in recent years. Elements of the costume are recently hand-painted in gold-tone and bronze-tones, with a metal-like finish and purposely distressed with a red undertone as it appeared on screen.

NOTE: The neck collar and chain, cloth parts and hair piece are replicas added for display only. A custom made stand and mannequin are included.

Carrie Fisher wears this type of ensemble while she is held captive by the powerful gangster Jabba the Hutt, both at his palace and while on his sail barge, the Khetanna. In a famous struggle between Leia and her captor, she manages to get behind the slug-like creature and choke him with the chains that bound her.

If the production-made resin parts have been painted by someone unknown late after the production, then wouldn't that detract from their value?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back