Gravity (Post-release)

There were two seniors sitting in front of me (theater was 99% empty) and when the film was over one turned to the other and said, "That was like going to the dentist."

When the lights came on, an older lady a few rows behind me loudly said, "Every woman under 12 years old needs to see this movie!"

When the lights came on, an older lady a few rows behind me loudly said, "Every woman under 12 years old needs to see this movie!"

Being a middle aged guy, that idea never would have occurred to me, but that lady is right. This should be required viewing for young girls.

Convenient? Yes. Easy? No.

Never said it was easy, just convenient. It's like "oh, we'll just go to the ISS." *gets blowed up* Na it's cool, you've got the chinese station right over there. Not to mention how Clooney was just able to find her floating away like that too

Gravity. What a film.
If ever I wanted confirmation that the cinema is THE place to see brilliant, innovative ,entertaining work then this movie was it. From start to finish it absolutely gripped me.
The sheer beauty of the visuals. The astonishing depth to the 3D. The brilliant backing soundtrack that built the tension so superbly. The outstanding integration of live action elements and effects, they were flawless in a way I never thought I would see. I know people in the industry were impressed but it really did warrant the accolades
And then there was Sandra Bullock. I thought her performance ,hovering between cool, detached professional and the still grieving mother, was perfectly balanced. Watching her recover her strength in the light of that cabin was one of the most beautiful moments I’ve ever seen on screen, as I have to admit, was she. I was absolutely engrossed in her battle for survival throughout.
The best film I’ve seen for at least a couple of years.Absolutely Amazing.

Just watched Gravity. Pretty disappointed. I wasn't impressed with the trailer but had heard so many good reviews of the film that I thought I must be missing something. Guess I was wrong. No real surprise in the plot. In fact, I thought Open Water did a much much better job with a similar storyline. Bullock was Bullock, but at least I could stomach her. Clooney was Clooney and found him, as usual, annoying. I will say that the visuals were really impressive. Probably one of the better filmed space movies I've seen in awhile. Just too bad about everything else.

Glad to see Gravity is continuing its success at the box office.

11804389763_2cb1dfddca_o.png

This is going to be one of those films where plenty of people will watch it on a TV and wonder what all the fuss was about...
Not that this will keep me from getting it on DVD, though!

This is going to be one of those films where plenty of people will watch it on a TV and wonder what all the fuss was about...

That pretty much sums up what I felt when seeing in the theater. :D

Still, truly glorious visuals that will take a beating on the small screen.

BluRay announcement via thedigitalbits.com!

Warner Home Video has set Alfonso Cuarón’s Gravity for Blu-ray 3D Combo, Blu-ray Combo and DVD release on 2/25 (SRP $35.99, $35.99 and $28.98). Extras on the Blu-ray versions will include Extras will include 9 Gravity Mission Control featurettes (It Began With a Story, Initial Challenges: Long Shots and Zero G, Previsualizing Gravity, The Hues of Space, Physical Weightlessness, Space Tech, Sandra and George: A Pair in Space, Final Animation, and Complete Silence), 5 Shot Breakdown featurettes (Behind the Visor, Fire in the International Space Station, Dr. Stone’s Rebirth, The Sound of Action in Space, and Splashdown), the Collision Point: The Race to Clean Up Space featurette and Jonas Cuarón’s short film Aningaaq with optional introduction. Aningaaq shows us the other half of Sandra Bullock’s radio conversation with Earth from the film. Per Warner’s usual, there will likely be retail-exclusive BD versions with unique content.

And for those who can't wait, here's Aningaaq.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the BluRay special features and for those looking for a cute easter egg, Alfonso Cuarón deliberately inserted a "movie goof" into the film. During the long continuous opening shot of the film where Matt tells Houston "He appears to be doing some form of the Macarena or that would be just a best guess scenario on my part.", take a close look at what's being reflected in Matt's visor.
You will see two other astronauts. One with a camera and one with a boom mic. Of course, Alfonso says the one with the boom mic is him which I find adorable because for someone who paid such great attention to detail in the depiction of space, he should be the astronaut crew member trying to capture sound in space with a boom mic!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back