Grampsee's Amazing Spider-Man 2 Build

that suit is just beautiful, I'm so happy i got to see it in person :D
IMG_4064.JPGIMG_4068.JPG

Awesome! I have one more quick question if you don't mind. I'm about to start on my puff painting, and I think I have my technique figured out, but I'm trying to figure out if I should just lay the fabric down flat to paint the webbing, or if I should stretch the fabric a little as well. I'm worried about what the paint will look like, and if it will distort the look of the fabric after I steam it and it actually puffs up. Did you stretch the fabric, or just lay it flat to paint the webbing?

Last edited:
I stretched it a little. Also be careful when you're steaming the puffy paint, I found out the hard way that over steaming it is a thing

Awesome! I have one more quick question if you don't mind. I'm about to start on my puff painting, and I think I have my technique figured out, but I'm trying to figure out if I should just lay the fabric down flat to paint the webbing, or if I should stretch the fabric a little as well. I'm worried about what the paint will look like, and if it will distort the look of the fabric after I steam it and it actually puffs up. Did you stretch the fabric, or just lay it flat to paint the webbing?

I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for all the advice, by the way. It's great to be able to learn from other people's mistakes instead of having to make those mistakes myself.

Is it black puffy on that one? I did use matte black from tulip as well and it cracks a lot.. On my symbiote, (yours actually) i used black slick and it's super stretchy without cracking at all.. So I did another printed suit with black slick... Now i'm doing it ur way with red shiny fabrics, some blue.. and i'm trying to charm a local screen printer to do a lil amount of blue bricks at their shop.
iItried to used black puffy.. but I totally failed at it... probably didnt use it properly..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back