Grampsee's Amazing Spider-Man 2 Build

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415383293.704049.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm TALKING about.

Now I gotta re-do my lenses, too, haha. Love it. Did you do the frames as well?

They're TJacks. I sanded some parts down a bit to get sharper edges but don't know if it's even noticeable after painting them. Ah well lol

Those look great. I'm using a push pin to clean out the white mesh but it's not as clean. What are you using?

The mesh is the perforated vinyl. It's a sticker. It's what TJack uses on his budget lenses if you have those

That does look sweet.
Have you just got separate pieces of material from your pattern and then you're going to get those sown together?

I'm thinking of screen printing onto black material for my symbiote build. The guy in the Art & Design department at my work/college says it will be visible...and hopefully I'll only have to pay for materials :)

Grampsee: Hiya!! Your replica looks amazing!!! Truly :) I was just wondering what your technique is for applying the webbing. I go extremely slow, but I still get little air bubbles that end up splattering the paint :( Some people suggest shaking all the paint to the bottom of the bottle, but I didn't see you do that in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2gg84KVkJs

Any advice would be great :) I'm going to try a special henna applicator bottle to see that that helps eliminate the bubbles.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Grampsee: Hiya!! Your replica looks amazing!!! Truly :) I was just wondering what your technique is for applying the webbing. I go extremely slow, but I still get little air bubbles that end up splattering the paint :( Some people suggest shaking all the paint to the bottom of the bottle, but I didn't see you do that in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2gg84KVkJs

Any advice would be great :) I'm going to try a special henna applicator bottle to see that that helps eliminate the bubbles.

Yea I shake it every so often. Sometimes nothing you can do about it. Just luck

Last edited by a moderator:
So totally unrelated to this project but thought I'd post it here anyway. Been chipping away at putting together a Spider-Gwen pattern. Basically done, here's how it's lookin. Will soon be available for purchase for anyone interested
SpiderGwen-watermark.jpgSpiderGwen-watermark2.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417993777.575548.jpg
Shooters! Bondo'd and sanded the 3d prints before painting to smooth it as much as possible. Dremelled a hole under each to fit a magnet inside and will either attach a magnet inside the suit or some sort of wristband. Haven't decided

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back