Gotham Rogues from Batman Dark Knight Rises

lol someone on eBay is trying to get more info about the shirt (im guessing to reproduce it).

Good. What's sad is that if they priced them lower, people would get into a bidding war. It's human nature.

I'm surprised some of the hats they gave out aren't on eBay. There were some big foam guns, too! Those were kind of awesome. :cool

Good. What's sad is that if they priced them lower, people would get into a bidding war. It's human nature.

I'm surprised some of the hats they gave out aren't on eBay. There were some big foam guns, too! Those were kind of awesome. :cool

The foam guns and hats all went back to the production, the extras didn't get to keep them. In fact, the clothes the extras wore might have gone back too, as none of that has hit ebay, or even showed up in photos. I saw a guy arguing with the people watching the extras props because he thought he'd get to keep his foam hat and gun, lol.

I know I promised to post today, but work was crazy... will post my pics tonight...

and yeah, trust me... you want as close as accurate as you can get, stick with RPF. I'm proud to say that I think I have the best most accurate Capt. America "SSR" shirt out there.

It's a joke what some people have been tryig to pass off as "reproductions" or replicas.

When I get home... posting, POSTING! haha

-K

Absolutely. seeing the work you did on the logo and the stuff on your site, I'm definitely going with yours. I don't need it to be the shirt thrown into the crowd, but I want something good, for both the logo and the shirt.

The foam guns and hats all went back to the production, the extras didn't get to keep them. In fact, the clothes the extras wore might have gone back too, as none of that has hit ebay, or even showed up in photos. I saw a guy arguing with the people watching the extras props because he thought he'd get to keep his foam hat and gun, lol.

Between my dehydration, sunburn, and lack of a Rogues t-shirt, I would have loved to have seen them get a foam gun away from ME! :ninja

Good point, there were guns and hats given to that one section with the woman screaming "Hey, you with the t-shirts!"
We did however get to keep our "Horrible Hankies." Sadly, they are selling on eBay too for about $70.

So, I did some work on the logos this weekend...just realized there are two versions, ones with the partial football logo over the UA logo and those without. I didn't create that vector artwork, but it would be simple to do...

Can someone confirm the two versions of this? One appears to have green letters, black outlines with the golden rod shirt color showing through and the other has flesh tone and what APPEARS to be silver ink for the letters with black outlines.

Anyone have insight on this?

I guess I'd like to know which is preferred too, from you the buyers. I'm only going to do one style.

And I'm assuming the UA logo was printed and not stitched or embroidered... I can only have it printed, my money is on it's printed.

Here's where I'm at:

newroguesshirtdesign.jpg

I'm contacting someone today about heat setting ink printed on Polyester (Under Armour shirts) and what that entails/can I do it or if not what the process is.

I mainly have done straight up cotton t-shirts, so it will be an education for me.

More info as I get it, then it's moving into the JY.

-Kurt

Can someone confirm the two versions of this? One appears to have green letters, black outlines with the golden rod shirt color showing through and the other has flesh tone and what APPEARS to be silver ink for the letters with black outlines.
-Kurt

The one that has the flesh tone on the face has sky blue letters outlined in black on a gold shirt. That's the only one I saw up close. But I'm pretty sure that the letters on all of them are a light blue, since that blue is on a lot of Batman gear.

Yes. The logo is printed, but it's already on the UA shirts.

The one that has the flesh tone on the face has sky blue letters outlined in black on a gold shirt. That's the only one I saw up close. But I'm pretty sure that the letters on all of them are a light blue, since that blue is on a lot of Batman gear.

Yeah, I'm noticing that's the case with the UA logo...

Thanks for the clarification... musta just been the pic made it look green to me...

I'll have to work on color matching that color.

I think the shirts used are these:

Screenshot2011-08-15at25105PM.jpg

Which clearly already have the logo as stated...

Still getting answers on the printing...

I don't know about light blue. The ones I saw up close looked silver and/or white to me. There were definitely a lot of variations, and some of them did have the green letters, or at least a different shade on the lettering. They did a lot of variations for the crowd so that it looked like a real game and all the different gear. The logo I saw on items on the field, like bags and equipment, looked like white letters. My vote is definitely for the one that has fleshtone and the silver/white letters.

I guess I'd like to know which is preferred too, from you the buyers. I'm only going to do one style.

I would personally prefer no green/sky blue anywhere on the logo... I think they were trying to pay homage to the steelers colors, and think pure black and gold would look the best. if you want to keep the cost down, you could eliminate the fleshtone and just make it pure black/gold/silver, just like the steelers. on the other hand the original picture does have the fleshtone in there if you choose to keep it, then definitely go with your design on the right (silver + fleshtone)

Looks great, since I'm new here and signed up for this site just for this shirt, how do we buy these things (the junkyard?). do you have any price point estimate yet? Are you taking pre-orders to gauge what sizes/quantities you need or just making them and its first come first serve? Are you making only yellow shirts? B/c I would buy black as well haha...

I would personally prefer no green/sky blue anywhere on the logo... I think they were trying to pay homage to the steelers colors, and think pure black and gold would look the best. if you want to keep the cost down, you could eliminate the fleshtone and just make it pure black/gold/silver, just like the steelers. on the other hand the original picture does have the fleshtone in there if you choose to keep it, then definitely go with your design on the right (silver + fleshtone)

The Gotham Rogues colors don't actually have anything to do with the Steelers. The Gotham Knights had black and gold as their colors. (Likely, chosen by the artists because that is the color of Batman's logo.)

Definitely like the flesh tone.

Looks great, since I'm new here and signed up for this site just for this shirt, how do we buy these things (the junkyard?). do you have any price point estimate yet? Are you taking pre-orders to gauge what sizes/quantities you need or just making them and its first come first serve? Are you making only yellow shirts? B/c I would buy black as well haha...

I'll announce when this design goes up for ordering. It will be in the Junkyard, but I'll also most likely have a link on my shirt website as well.

All of the other logistics haven't been sorted yet, and I'm making inquiries and looking up information in order to make this happen as quickly and correctly as possible.

As far as what style, I will look at what people are requesting, weigh it against cost, etc. and then offer up what I feel fits.

Mostly up to you guys though!

-K

The Gotham Rogues colors don't actually have anything to do with the Steelers. The Gotham Knights had black and gold as their colors. (Likely, chosen by the artists because that is the color of Batman's logo.)

Definitely like the flesh tone.

Nolan's Batman logo isn't black and gold. A lot of the Batman logos haven't been black and gold. They chose it because every seat at Heinz is gold, and because of the Steelers. One of the producers of the movie is part of the Steelers ownership group, and that definitely had a hand in choosing the colors. The Steelers had plenty to do with the Gotham Rogues colors. Not to mention 14 Steelers wearing their real names and numbers on the field, lol.

Awesome...can't wait to get one of these! I was at Heinz Field and also couldn't get near the shirt throwing action. The way they gave out shirts was stupid anyway...random birthdays and having a bird on your clothing (when we were specifically told to wear no logos!)...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back