Goonies 'Data' Coat Replica

I am so going to love this. Can't wait to see it - are you going to do the boxing glove and camera set-up??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing as nobody has really been responding to the videos, I figured I'd just end my thread with a single image of my finished replica coat. It wouldn't have been possible to complete my replica without the help of my friends on here, Pitbull and Luke Moonwalker. You guys were of tremendous assistance in putting this one together and I can't thank you enough.

data's coat finished.png

Some special features of the coat: It is a correct size 36L that has been shown to be the correct size via a photo of the original stunt coat. It has an original "backup" Apollo 18 patch from the Mini Series "Space" that was shown on TV in the 80s. I had it cut out from a backing sheet and edged properly. It has an original EK patch, which to my knowledge I am the only one to have a real one.

It also features an original Easyriders patch, original Redline patch, an original 1975 Cincinatti Reds Patch. The military patches are all real and the ones that are still unidentified are well made replicas. I have it now displayed with a wooden hanger on a hook in my home office. It's been a great journey to put it all together.

don't be disheartened about replies BTTFSpencer whats important is its what you want to build data is an iconic goonies fiqure most people wont remember, people do do alot of "jump on the band wagon" builds depending whats popular at the time. continue building regardless of many people reply/comment/look :thumbsup

Congrats! Would love to see what you used for the large white "crest" patch on the left sleeve.

It is a copy of the original patch that was used in the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

don't be disheartened about replies BTTFSpencer whats important is its what you want to build data is an iconic goonies fiqure most people wont remember, people do do alot of "jump on the band wagon" builds depending whats popular at the time. continue building regardless of many people reply/comment/look :thumbsup

Thank you man for the well wishes, and the wisdom. You're totally right.

Alright BTTFSpencer almost two years later and I’ve decided to tackle this coat.

Missed out on HeadGoonies so this will be all scout soft parts build. Very excited.

Already want to say thank to yourself and all the others who contributed to the info that’s out there.

Let the fun begin.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back