GONK!

Back to work...
Today some minor progress on the feet:
This isn't glued yet, it's just for imagine how will it look:
Image1468834626.760354.jpg

And glueing together:
Image1468834717.798207.jpg

Today I made the nib cutouts. Everything is glued together except the top sections.
IMG_1478.JPG
IMG_1479.JPG
I also started on the legs. No pics yet ;)
I'm still thinking with what can I fill the feet (maybe stones/sand?) or if I leave them hollow. I will probably test it hollow vs filled and see what works better.

Today I made the nib cutouts. Everything is glued together except the top sections.
View attachment 648385
View attachment 648386
I also started on the legs. No pics yet ;)
I'm still thinking with what can I fill the feet (maybe stones/sand?) or if I leave them hollow. I will probably test it hollow vs filled and see what works better.

Ideally, I think some heavy ball bearings would work, but that could get very expensive.

Yes, that would be probably very expensive. And we have some stones in our old cellar, so I think I can use them.

After a line of some minor updates, here comes a super big update! :)
A lot of photos aswell ;)

Cut out some decorational panels from styrene and glued them on, including the E:
IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG
I was inspired mainly by the new Battlefront (front down panel) and by TCW Gonk (three back pieces).

Side details of the feet:
IMG_1483.JPGIMG_1484.JPG

Completed legs:
IMG_1485.JPG

Not screwed together yet:
IMG_1488.JPG
IMG_1489.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG

And I just wanted to see, how does it look:
IMG_1495.JPG

Tomorrow trimming and bondoing when the weather is good.
What do you all think? Any criticism welcomed :)

Attachments

• IMG_1495.JPG
    IMG_1495.JPG
    320.7 KB · Views: 77
Looks good! I am still not sure what to cut for my details but seeing how well the styrene turned out for you I may use that.

Thanks! I use styrene for most of the details on my builds, because it's easy to work with it. The hardest part on this were the holes on the feet deatils. I usually cut pieces with exacto knife, but for them was dremel better ;)

I had no time today for bondoing, but on the other hand I trimmed and sanded the Gonk thorough.
IMG_1499.JPG
IMG_1503.JPG

Drilled holes on the back of the feet for hoses:
IMG_1500.JPG

Glued and drilled the feet together. They're filled with stones, so they are pretty heavy :)
IMG_1498.JPG

And once again putted together. From these pictures the feet seem to be too big, but maybe it is just me. What do you think?
IMG_1501.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG

Bondo is next on the list! ;)

Even though the weather isn't ideal today, I spent about 2 hours with bondoing the parts. I'm just waiting until the bondo is hard and I can sand it.
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1506.JPG

Feet is looking right scale to me.

How did you do the trim piece where the bottom and top halves meet?

-Eric

Feet is looking right scale to me.

How did you do the trim piece where the bottom and top halves meet?

-Eric

I cut long pieces of wood, which fitted around the body (about 4 cm high) and screwed them to the bottom part, but with half of it overlapping the top (so 2 cm are screwed to the bottom and 2 cm jut out). In the pictures you can see styrene plates on it. They're simply glued on. Then I trimmed the corners, so they are nosing. I bondoed it and now I am going to sand it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back