GoldenArmor.com = Chaucer44 (banned recaster)

wow, those pics above are incredible, I've seen some bad casting around, but that is just unbeliveable. I'm speechless.

looks like just urethane resin that's been brushed in the mold repeatedly till it kicked, that's why it's jagged, it was "paste"..seen this done many times..old school method for casting hollow shells. Shell shock is like that too( paste like), perhaps a layer of glass for strength

Will

That looks EXACTLY what i had to go through with my Golden armor Boba-kit a few years back. I had to sand down all this spiky mess on the insides of the gauntlets. I cut myself several times on the gauntlets and jetpack because of this. It is not fibreglass. It seemed more like chopped sharp wood-chippings mixed with resin.

The jetpack is a story of itself.
Basically all the resin greeblies were full of air-bubbles and totally unusable. The rocket itself were 2 solid resin pieces (stuck together in the middle) and didn't line up at all as one half was 0,5 cm below the other! Never in my life have i been sanding this much! Nightmare to say it the least. Stay away! I've never heard a positive thing about goldenarmor.

It's fiberglass. It's just neither fiberglass matting or fiberglass cloth. It's just short loose strand FG body filler. That's just NOT the way to go if you're going to wear this as a costume. If you're doing a display, that's another thing, but yet even a mannequin needs to be able to wear it.

Fett, you say?

Here's was Fett. Again, unwearable.

fett_06.jpg

fett_04.jpg

fett_07.jpg

fett_08.jpg

And here an Ep. 2 Clone Trooper which I later learned was a recast of a Kellogs helmet, but modified with bondo.

eye_cleanup.jpg

clone_trooper_8.jpg

clone_trooper_7.jpg

He bothers because people will still look for the cheaper deal. They do not know the horror they are getting into, just by looking at his site. The pics there look good. It is only when you turn these things around that you see the hot mess.

And then they come here asking for help on how to fix the piece of turd they bought.

That's it right there. On more than one occasion, I have seen a newb come here for advice on Cris' site: "Golden Armor looks awesome!" We all tell him they sell inferior products, then we redirect him to a reutable dealer who offers top shelf pieces.
Then here it comes.
"But it's almost 3 times more than what Golden Armor sells ir forrrrrrrrrrr!"
We tell them that they are paying for quality and peace of mind.

Jump forward a month. Same newb is now posting:

A. Golden armor ripped me off. I paid them a month ago and they're avoiding my e-maillllllllllsssss!

or

B. I need to know the quickest and cheapest way to fix this turd that I bought from Golden Armor.

Yes, then the beatings will begin. :lol

Respect to the OP as he appears to truly be listening to the advice given.

If you're a newb reading this thread, if you choose not to accept advice from those who have been burned, NO CRYING!

I'm so thankful for RPF. I just ran across the Goldenarmor site and was looking at their Pitbull kit but I knew to check here first. Looks like you guys just saved me $400....thank you

If you're looking for a great Pitbull replica, try ebay member bttf123. He does full builds at VERY reasonable prices.
Too bad about GoldenArmors reputation. I would LOVE to have a 1:1 Ark kit.

If you're looking for a great Pitbull replica, try ebay member bttf123. He does full builds at VERY reasonable prices.
Too bad about GoldenArmors reputation. I would LOVE to have a 1:1 Ark kit.

I've got one of his but I don't like really like the vaccumform pieces, I'd rather have the resin parts instead.

If the magnet assembly is vacumformed, then I believe that is accurate to how the originals were made (to help reduce weight) - I own one of his Mattel boards with my screen-used molded parts and I LOVE it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back