GoldenArmor.com = Chaucer44 (banned recaster)

Oi, Chaucer44...this guy is not only a recaster, but a BAD recaster. His products are pure crap. One of our members here bought one of his Classic Action Vader recasts. You should see the teardown he had to do to try and build it up to something respectable.

That's a shame because I was hoping to get that studio scale Alien Attacker - anyone know where else to get that kit?

Painted up, anything looks great, photographed. But when you see it in person... this is the nightmare I had to go through:

GoldenArmor_Before_1.jpg

GoldenArmor_Before_2.jpg

GoldenArmor_Before_5.jpg

GoldenArmor_Before_4.jpg

All that short-strand fiberglass was like needles in the face, so it took a long time for me to mill out the interior. Also, there were a lot of air pockets and delamination in the fiberglass, so I had to rip out a lot of the unbonded FG.

If you want to save money, buy Golden Armor. Really! I mean it! But you will ONLY save money on the product; it won't be a quality product, and you will end up spending double that amount, at least, in time and materials to work on it to make it meet the most barely acceptable standards.

You have been warned.

I see, sorry.

The pictures on that website look incredible so thats why i posted here, like i said, i contacted them for advice and they seemed nice.

But i suppose i havnt dealt with them before so maybe your right.

Sorry again, im new to this forum! It seems like a great community here!

Course they seem nice, till they take your money and you never hear from them again.

I did buy something from golden armor once but I dont remember what it was but it was poor quality.
This was not made by Golden armor but the mold was in bad shape
and their casting methods were poor. this is an original not a recast
Sad looking helmet ...... you think, it has other growths and thick and thin spots
Helmright.jpg

So I guess I am trying to say even if the item is not a recast
you can still get crap from people with poor casting skills

Last edited:
Painted up, anything looks great, photographed. But when you see it in person... this is the nightmare I had to go through:

All that short-strand fiberglass was like needles in the face, so it took a long time for me to mill out the interior. Also, there were a lot of air pockets and delamination in the fiberglass, so I had to rip out a lot of the unbonded FG.

If you want to save money, buy Golden Armor. Really! I mean it! But you will ONLY save money on the product; it won't be a quality product, and you will end up spending double that amount, at least, in time and materials to work on it to make it meet the most barely acceptable standards.

You have been warned.

That looks EXACTLY what i had to go through with my Golden armor Boba-kit a few years back. I had to sand down all this spiky mess on the insides of the gauntlets. I cut myself several times on the gauntlets and jetpack because of this. It is not fibreglass. It seemed more like chopped sharp wood-chippings mixed with resin.

The jetpack is a story of itself.
Basically all the resin greeblies were full of air-bubbles and totally unusable. The rocket itself were 2 solid resin pieces (stuck together in the middle) and didn't line up at all as one half was 0,5 cm below the other! Never in my life have i been sanding this much! Nightmare to say it the least. Stay away! I've never heard a positive thing about goldenarmor.

After all these years Cris and co. STILL can't cast worth a crap?

Is he still telling people that his TK FX kit is SA? :lol (that's what he told me like 12 years ago)

It's actually this guy that led me to look for other sites... that's when I talked to Gino on another board and eventually led me here.

So SEE... there is ONE good thing about GoldenArmor! ME! :angel

I see, sorry.

The pictures on that website look incredible so thats why i posted here, like i said, i contacted them for advice and they seemed nice.

But i suppose i havnt dealt with them before so maybe your right.

Sorry again, im new to this forum! It seems like a great community here!

Hmmmm :unsureStrangly how positive you are to these guys and beeing new to reffer to this site as one of your first post.

Hmmmm :unsureStrangly how positive you are to these guys and beeing new to reffer to this site as one of your first post.
Let's not start a witch hunt where there is no need to, TMP. He was simply pointing out that GoldenArmor has some good pics on his site. He does. You honestly think he is going to show the crap?

Haha dont worry mate, im not from goldenarmour and im certainly not going to buy from there after what i have read. But atleast they gave me some good painting tips..free (suprisingly!) :D

Besides, im from the UK so they are 5,000 miles out of reach!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back