George Lucas says Han never shot first, you were just confused

Vintage marvel!

ijf3v.png

How about Bespin? Is Bespin canon? Because Han opens up on Darth Vader like the man in black has blasters pointed all day long. But, he doesn't.

:)

So I'm rewatching Star Wars tonight (the digitaly remastered THX VHS copy)

In the scene where Hans shoots, there is a shot that hits the wall to the left of Hans head right before Hans fires.

Is this added?

I suspect you're imagining things. I'd have to dig up my old "Black Box" Vhs set (the letterbox THX edition) and find a working vhs player, but every youtube clip I've pulled of it thus far shows the following sequence:
[cut to shot of Greedo]
"I've been looking forward to this for a long time."

[cut to shot of Han]
"Yes. I'll bet you have."

[cut to big explosion mostly obscuring Greedo]
>BLAMYBLAMBLADOW!!<

[cut to wide shot of the two of them. Greedo falls forward onto the table]
>thump<

There's no score mark on the wall by Han's head. There's no show of the two of them facing each other and shooting. You get a shot viewing Han, then a shot from his perspective of the table erupting in an explosion, then a shot of Greedo falling on the table.

Greedo never got off a shot.

Ever.

Last edited:
Okay watched it again few more times and it happend just the way you say it did, but on the medium shot of Han there is a lazer blast that hits the wall right after he says "I bet you have".

I'm watching this on the gold box set, and there is a jump cut when you see the lazer, like they tried to make it look like Han reacted to the shot.

There is no scourch mark from the blast.

Last edited:
lmao.
omg, seriously?
congrats on the most ignorant, idiotic statememt on the site.
go read wiki or any other bio page on him.

lol. oh man.

Do you mind being a bit nicer? I'm the established Wolfie on this site and I dont want to be confused with you. :p For the record, using wiki as a reference is not a good idea generally. Anyone with a wiki account and editing rights can say whatever they want on a wiki page. Its messed with all the time with false information. Especially by companies editing their own pages and by kids harassing celebs by putting in that people were gay who never were/aren't, etc.

Also, on topic, I've seen the postings around of the script and the script mentions at no point the "alien" firing a shot. And the Gold boxset of VHS's is from the 1997ish special editions so the change would have been made already. At least the extra blaster bolt..

We have laserdiscs but no way to play them LOL

Last edited:
There ya go. Had a long post typed up but the board nuked it and you beat me to it anyway. :)

For comparison's sake, here is the pre-'97 and '97 version side by side on Youtube.

This is also why George Lucas is wrong and delusional about what we actually saw.

Him saying "You saw Greedo shoot first" is like walking up to a fruit stand, saying "I'll have that orange, please," and the guy running it says "That's not an orange. It's a watermelon." I don't care that it's his fruit stand and his fruit. That's a damn orange, not a watermelon. Call it a watermelon, call it a kumquat, call it a 1974 Plymouth Fury. It's an orange and Greedo never got off a shot.

This is exactly why I didn't want to start this. First time watching any of the added content and I'm already second guessing myself.

Again I say...
DAMN YOU GEORGE!

i suppose he could argue it was behind the smoke lol you just couldnt see it!

But until he releases "special edition" remakes of the scripts, the script doesnt mention anything like "alien shoots and misses at point blank, han then fires , clearly upset and shaken he had to do so, since he is not a scoundrel at all"

So whatever, George. Retire. Spend money on up and coming new film makers who need a start versus spending it to break movies that were already good just so you can sell them to use 2, 3, and even 4 times lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back