Generic ROGUE ONE Rebel Trooper - Find/Modify/Build Thread

Hi all, sorry for necro... I'm working on my own version of the flak jacket similar to Psicorp7. I was just wondering what you'd recommend for painting the yellow panel on the shoulder? I seem to recall someone suggesting a rattlecan paint, but what specifically will work on Nylon?

Well, thanks to this thread and the builds you guys did, I created my own spin on the gear. Jacket is shortened to more of a Cassian/smuggler style. There's no zip, and I might add a panel flap over the front as I have spare fabric. I ended up using acrylic paint with a brown wash over fo rthe yellow panel on the vest. This is sort of for an OC cosplay, and my next step is a hooded poncho to complete.

IMG_6010.JPG
IMG_6014.JPG

IMG_6015.JPG

Astromech, what did you use for the base jacket and vest?

I’d like to do a quick inspired version without worrying too much about screen accuracy.

Jacket was this one. If you want a more loose military feel, get a size up. If you want a more fitted look, get your normal size.

I heavily modified it. Removed button clasps and replaced with velcro. Removed the zip, used the inner pocket to make the transponder greeblie window, removed the bottom strip and added webbing around the waist and on the front. I also used the inside label fabric to make the code cylinder pockets on the sleeve.

The vest is just the IDF flak vest replica you can get ebay. Genuine Military Issue 1980's IDF Flak Vest Cover Green Airsoft - Un-Issued | eBay

Used dark blue ripstop for the transponder window, dyed it blue as per the build earlier in the thread, and added padding to the collar, front, and back, and then webbing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back