Gender swapped Captain America TFA 100% done! Slowly adding finished photos!

Re: First build here! Gender swapped Captain America TFA (Update May 30th!)

What did you use for the shield strap mounts? Looks awesome!

Yeah yeah....what Lam said! Shield and pouches look great. Nice work.

Okay, I just have to say this is an incredibly awesome build. Love what you are doing.

I'm surprised no one has asked, but are you planning to do any runs on the buckles, stars, etc... you made? I can't tell what size they are, but if they are close to the actual costume (the male version :)) you'd certainly have some interest. It looks great!

Can I just say how much I LOVE your victory rolls? I absolutely adore them, as much as your awesome shield!

Thank you! They took like 8 tries a piece to get them to sit nice and flat on that wig.

Okay, I just have to say this is an incredibly awesome build. Love what you are doing.

I'm surprised no one has asked, but are you planning to do any runs on the buckles, stars, etc... you made? I can't tell what size they are, but if they are close to the actual costume (the male version :)) you'd certainly have some interest. It looks great!

Thank you!

I am planning on it, so everything has been scaled to the same size as the ones on Chris' costume. Somethings like the belt buckle look kinda ridiculous and over sized on me, but I'll survive.

All right for the strap mounts, lets see how much I remember.

First off, I followed Valor's method for most of my build. I had to substitute somethings that I could not find here, but other then that I did what he did word for word.

The straps are simply just skins that I bought at a leather store in Toronto that I then used a rotary cutter to cut them to what I needed before gluing and sewing. It's the same leather as my pouches, so it's darker than the movie, but I wanted it all to match my boots I all ready owned. I believe the buckles themselves are from the same store, that unfortunately does not have a website that I know of.

The strap rivets and the rivets on the mounts are the exact same rivets. I used the full ones to hold the leather to the mounts, then used half of the left over rivets to make the rivets in the mounts. For the mounts I simply just drilled holes, then put them in (cutting the longer posts down) and bashed it on concrete to destroy the back of them, keeping them in place. I used my rivet setter to keep the shapes on the top so they were all nice and domed still :) For the rectangle rings, I bought a 10 pack to use on the shield and my costume.

The mounts themselves were made of aluminum roofing supplies that I found at the home depot, that I also used for the star on the front. The mounts are just single pieces taped to the shield with mounting tape, and the pieces that are actually attached to handles where doubled up with contact cement.

I think that covers everything? Is there anything else that anyone would like to know? :)

Wow! Thanks for answering all our questions. I really do love this build and can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'm also anxious to see any run/offer you do on your buckles/hardware set. You make this look easy!

Victory rolls - spot on! Also, the shield is great. I want to steal QuiGonzales "Black Widower" comment, but he beat me to it. Looking forward to the thread - I want to build something for my wife, I may steal some of your ideas....

how much are you chargin for the back buckle? and postage to UK? please :D

Thank you again everyone!

As for prices, I am not even close to being sure yet! I'm still tweaking everything, but there will be in interest thread in the Junkyard when I have them ready!

For those of you asking about the pouches, the belt ones were made off Sandman0077's pattern and the chest one's were made form altering his pattern.

I made a pattern for one of the members here so I am uploading my chest pouch pattern for everyone else looking for a pattern for them :)

Awesome on the pattern! For some reason it isn't letting me view it though... I'll have to check on my desktop later :)

Edit: All good now, this will come in handy soon. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Thank you for the pattern.
Did you sew your leather on a regular sewing machine?

I did. All you should need is leather needles to sew it. However, if you want extra aid in sewing it (and pleather should you need to work with that) a walking foot is an amazing investment to have.

Just a quick update for tonight; I have started the strap sliders for the front straps and I did a few quick pulls of the triangle rings while casting S.H.I.E.L.D. logos for friends. I am happy to report that even at their small size, they are 10 - 0 over anyone I have asked to try and break it. They should be able to with stand the strains of normal wear no problem :)

Re: First build here! Gender swapped Captain America TFA (Update June 8th!)

That's awesome! I'm incredibly glad you are going the extra mile and casting these parts. Like I said, if you do a run...sign me up!

I can't wait to see your build all put together.

the pattern is awesome! thank you for sharing it!.... I'm gonna sound real stupid now and I apologise but on the pic, the top image is the main part of the pouch and the bottom one the flap? or am I mistaken? ...... I do feel kinda dumb now lol

the pattern is awesome! thank you for sharing it!.... I'm gonna sound real stupid now and I apologise but on the pic, the top image is the main part of the pouch and the bottom one the flap? or am I mistaken? ...... I do feel kinda dumb now lol

Close! The top one is the main front part of the pouch, the bottom is the back and the flap of the pouch. So when the front is folded up, it will be attached to the fatter part of the back, then the flap folds over all of that.

Will shots of the front and back of my pouches help? Because I have some.

yeah I would love to see them if you don't mind, thank you :D

That looks so great!
You made one of my favorit characters look even better. ;)
Awesome work.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back