Gathering vintage parts: ANH Obi saber completed

That one has been around for a very long time... since even before the Derwent Nine pulled off their caper.

If I recall correctly he wants something like $8k for the engine and there's no guarantee that the balance pipes are the correct ones because you'd have to partially disassemble it in order to find out!

At the time when I saw it first, or at least amongst the very first, to come online ... for over a year now, I already immediately contacted James Kenobi 1138, since he lives in Texas, yeah I know it's a large State, so he lives relatively close to say the least from my perspective. Just haven't heard anything since, once that other deal of 9 balance pipes covered most of the people looking or wanting a balance pipe.

Chaim

Philip said the guy won't work with a potential buyer at all. Just wants to sell it more or less... you take your chances is the vibe I got.

OMG feel like I have been smacked in the head! The pommel is a tap! Ha ha ha ha genius just genius and I felt dumb when I put mine together with mostly plumbing parts. I didn't know I was right on the money lol.

Its been a while and great to see this thread again. Using rubber rings to connect the parts is genius and doesnt damage the parts. Anyone have an outline of how much of the grenade should be in the emitter and the spacer?

I remember that proposal for a group buy for that engine. Didnt go through in the end since the risk was too high and the seller wasnt exactly cooperative...

Its been a while and great to see this thread again. Using rubber rings to connect the parts is genius and doesnt damage the parts. Anyone have an outline of how much of the grenade should be in the emitter and the spacer?.

I went through my folders and found some for you. Click on each pic to view it larger:
I've used some rubber rings (vintage stuff) to fit the balance pipe tightly onto the end of the gren.

The ring is now blackened by myself and seems to be the best solution to avoid scratching and damaging the pipe:

The "cap" of the booster is left on it to be kind of a spacer within the graflex clamp. I've left it sticking out a bit of the booster, as seen on the second pic:

To hold everything together I used a simple threaded rod. The rod is going through the end cap of the gren and also through the cap of the booster. This was the best tight solution and is not wobbly at all. It fits perfectly:

I've kept as much as possible from the parts inside, just to keep the weight and feel of a hero prop:thumbsup
Hope the infos above will help you.

PS: Thank you guys for the likes above:)

Me either... ha! I can't bring myself to want to do it.

I'm doin it!

I accidentally (still no idea how) broke a tiny pin off the grenade neck. It's like that first dent in a new car... it makes anything else hurt less.

(The pin will be repaired though, if it costs me a fortune, heh... bugs the **** out of me)

Last edited:
Cool! You're doing it:)
I can't bring myself to it. The pommel was too expensive in my opinion..:)

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed that you left the pommel cubes in the original position too ... Any particular reason why?

Chaim

I think I've wanted it that way.. Are you refer to another picture of the hero?

Yes I like it original too ... however for the Mechanismo book they used this picture in which the pommel has been opened up and the cubes reversed and put back in place :

Chaim

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back