Game of Thrones

There are actually a sizable group of fans of the show, referred to as The Unsullied, who only watch the show and wont read the books at all. Its fun reading articles and such that they post to see how far off or close they get when they speculate whats going to happen next.

I just came across an article, an actual published article, not just a blog post, trying to predict what's going to happen and whether this might be the end of Tyrion. Are there really that many people out there who don't realize that the books exist? That a good percentage of the show's viewers, its biggest fans and followers, already know what's going to happen for the next two or three seasons? Boggles the mind, trying to speculate on something that one could look up in ten seconds on Google and Wikipedia.

Anyway, episode talk (book spoilers):

I hope Shae's story plays out the same way it did in the book, or at least to the same end.

FWIW, I just re-read part of the chapter regarding the trial. Tyrion had considered trial by combat before the trial even began, but he knew that Cersei would name the Mountain as her champion. Bronn bowed out, and he didn't have anyone else, so he pretty much gave up on the idea. Oberyn was the one that approached him and made the offer to stand as champion. Tyrion's outburst didn't come until after that, so he already had a champion, although he and Oberyn were the only ones that knew it.

Should be interesting to see how they play out the fight. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Although Oberyn has definitely grown on me these last few episodes. Pedro Pascal, who I've never even seen before now that I'm aware of, has made him a memorable character. I'll miss him.. hehe.

Damn...multi quotes reveal spoilers:cry

Like Khal said, "Before HBO, there was nothing...only Unsullied. "
There are actually a sizable group of fans of the show, referred to as The Unsullied, who only watch the show and wont read the books at all. Its fun reading articles and such that they post to see how far off or close they get when they speculate whats going to happen next.

I just came across an article, an actual published article, not just a blog post, trying to predict what's going to happen and whether this might be the end of Tyrion. Are there really that many people out there who don't realize that the books exist? That a good percentage of the show's viewers, its biggest fans and followers, already know what's going to happen for the next two or three seasons? Boggles the mind, trying to speculate on something that one could look up in ten seconds on Google and Wikipedia.

Anyway, episode talk (book spoilers):

I hope Shae's story plays out the same way it did in the book, or at least to the same end.

FWIW, I just re-read part of the chapter regarding the trial. Tyrion had considered trial by combat before the trial even began, but he knew that Cersei would name the Mountain as her champion. Bronn bowed out, and he didn't have anyone else, so he pretty much gave up on the idea. Oberyn was the one that approached him and made the offer to stand as champion. Tyrion's outburst didn't come until after that, so he already had a champion, although he and Oberyn were the only ones that knew it.

Should be interesting to see how they play out the fight. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Although Oberyn has definitely grown on me these last few episodes. Pedro Pascal, who I've never even seen before now that I'm aware of, has made him a memorable character. I'll miss him.. hehe.

I could've sworn I remember Jaime saying that he'd give up the Kingsguard if Tywin let Tyrion go, or at least making some kind of deal like that. Certainly, it doesn't seem out of place for him to do so in the show, if he didn't in the books, but I really though that happened.

I could've sworn I remember Jaime saying that he'd give up the Kingsguard if Tywin let Tyrion go, or at least making some kind of deal like that. Certainly, it doesn't seem out of place for him to do so in the show, if he didn't in the books, but I really though that happened.

Neither of those characters was a POV character in that book so if it HAD happened, we wouldn't have been privy to it.

Jaime was a POV in Storm of Swords, but I don't remember that scene between him and Tywin ever happening. I remember when he initially returns to KL that Tywin assumes he'll leave the Kingsguard when he gives him the Valyrian steel sword, but Jaime refuses him and then thats that. I don't think they ever interact again.

Huh. Maybe I'm conflating the one event with the other. But I could've sworn that actually happened in the book.

I don't think it's out of place otherwise, though, especially given how Jaime's character is being handled on the show (rapey scene notwithstanding, since, apparently, the show runners didn't think it was that rapey...).

69426.jpg

When I went back to re-read, I only skimmed through the two Tyrion chapters specifically, not the Jaime ones, so I don't recall if that deal with Tywin was in there. It's moot once he chooses trial by combat, though.

They left out that Walder Frey was Argus Filch in the Harry Potter series.

Also...

Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) was Benedict, the bad guy in The Last Action Hero and "My dear brother Noomsie" in The Golden Child.

Julian Glover (Grand Maester Pycelle), in addition to General Veers, also played Walter "He chose... poorly..." Donovan in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back