Fritz Lang's Metropolis Whole at Last! (Prop discussion)

Re: Fritz Lang's Metropolis Whole at Last!

Thanks for the heads up. I search for "Fritz Lang" and came up empty. Thought it would have been impossible to discuss this news without mentioning his name, but it is not so. :)

Let's turn this into a Metropolis Props thread then.

I think that a really god Life size Maria hasn't been accomplished yet. I'd love to see a really good sculpt of this happen one day.

At least a good bust.

metropolis025.jpg

metropolis017.jpg

metropolis004.jpg

metropolis003.jpg

Metropolis.jpg

41do6.jpg

metro50.jpg

metropolis002.jpg

Nick

how does the fred barton one hold up against the real deal?

at least one lucky member has the statue. maybe he could chime in.

i remember a while back a bust being posted on here, cant remember who posted it but it was being produced by another member.

anyone remember it?

z

The Metropolis prop I'm trying to make is the paper money. I'm still working out the kinks in the fonts.

That would be cool. Actually, I've never watched Metropolis from a prop standpoint. What else might there be? Of course, if someone could actually build a diorama of the city, that would be amazing.

ive got a good screencap of the catecombs map ive been meaning to replicate forever, i can post it tonight.

If i ever get the time i would SOOOOO be up for doing a Maria bust.

:eekThat ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg! I can't wait to see an entire version!!!!!

A couple of members did two different currency runs a few years ago. Never got around to getting any; I was gonna try to trade replicas of the hand-drawn maps the characters have (for the secret meetings), but I never made them. Grabbed lots of reference of them, though.

Let's turn this into a Metropolis Props thread then.

I think that a really god Life size Maria hasn't been accomplished yet. I'd love to see a really good sculpt of this happen one day.

At least a good bust.

Nick

I couldn't agree with you more Nick, and I'm pleased to indicate that there is good news coming on this very thing shortly. We were approached last year, and will be releasing our licensed 'Maschinenmensch' (False Maria), and other related pieces in the near future, including some items from original moulds. It is our joyous burden to produce the most accurate replica of the lost iconic robot produced to date. Updates and details will go up on our site, along with progress images, and a formal announcement in the future.

That's great news Kropserkl

ANy sort of timeline we look forward to?

Nick

Is there any progress on the Metropolis money?

If whoever had the photos could send me a copy, I'd be happy to try to work on them.

Scott, that is tremendous news - congrats!
I had talked to you about a False Maria ages ago, and I'm still very much interested in getting one. If you're behind the project, it will no doubt be flawless.

Thanks for sharing the news!

I couldn't agree with you more Nick, and I'm pleased to indicate that there is good news coming on this very thing shortly. We were approached last year, and will be releasing our licensed 'Maschinenmensch' (False Maria), and other related pieces in the near future, including some items from original moulds. It is our joyous burden to produce the most accurate replica of the lost iconic robot produced to date. Updates and details will go up on our site, along with progress images, and a formal announcement in the future.

Hi Nick,
Although details and images may be released sooner, we're looking at official release times starting in April.

Thanks again.

How abour a leak?

Just a pic or two??? :lol

BrianM

Is there any progress on the Metropolis money?

That would be a neat thing to have, though for the life of me I can't recall what the money looked like. Screencaps?

I'm also overjoyed to hear that this "lost" footage has been found. :)

Great photos, Nick. It's incredible how Maria's design has held up over the decades. If someone can replicate Iron Man I'm sure she's an attainable costume....that would be amazing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back