Foot-long 3D printed Millenium Falcon

Futurescape3D

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We had a ton of fun getting this model to come out at the right size. It's a foot long, so it was a beast to get off the print plate! This customer wanted it finished with a chrome paint, but I want to make another that we can have painted to look as screen-accurate as possible. I think that would look amazing on a display stand. Falcon 1.jpgFalcon 2.jpgFalcon 3.jpg

The layer height was about 210 microns so the build lines are going to be fairly visible. The Z-axis is pretty stable, so I'm not sure what you're referring to?

Mind sharing which printer you were using? I don't know many that can print 1' long objects and the ones that do are quite expensive from what I know. And I think Valcrow is just pointing out how surprisingly visible the print lines are. But I'm sure that's just the paint bringing it out.

Yeah I think the paint really got in between those lines and made them a lot more prominent that I would have liked. We printed it in two parts (back half and front half) and then connected the two together. We want to start using ABS material and then using an acetone treatment to get rid of the lines entirely. That's the end goal, so we'll be working on that process this week.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back