Foam Builders in UK & Europe

APP

Hey,

Not sure if I've posted in the right place - please tell me if it is in the wrong place!

But for those of you who are based Europe & have found it difficult to find quality, cost-effective foam, I've finally come across a company based in the UK who also ships across Europe that provides exactly what is needed. www.poly-props.com

I recently ordered a selection and I can tell you all of the foams are good:

Speaking to this company the UK postage ranges from £5 (one sheet) or £8 for 10 sheets. Europe is a bit more but its fixed at (£14) so you need to order 3-10 sheets to make it more feasible. All I will say is the cost of the foam is so much cheaper and so good quality the postage is so worth while.

Thought I do a bit of a run down:

For those who are on a budget their "Craft Foam" ticks all the boxes. It is smooth both sides and all comes in 2mx1m sheets in 10mm, 5mm & 2mm. Prices range from £4.75 -£7 per sheet. This stuff is around 45kg Density - but its a lot more closed celled than plastizote and cheaper too! Based on ordering 1 sheet + postage, they can almost compete with the likes of the cheapest foam mats at Halfords - but you get to use a lot more of the product with poly-props as you don't lose any to the puzzle pattern! For example the 10mm works out at £12 for 1 sheet including delivery.

For those who want a little more surface tension, they offer a CF65 (65 I'm guessing at 65kg density). Again in 2mx1m sheets and smooth both sides, this stuff sands better than the Craft Foam. Again they offer in 10mm, 5mm & 2mm but it is more expensive - Worth considering on a big build.

They also have an EVA in 8mm. This stuff is amazing - it sands with a dremel without ANY problems and I've even direct painted the stuff without prepping. Acrylic paint goes on fine without prep - although I would recommend a flexible coating! This stuff only comes in 1mx1m sheets and is the most expensive but it heat forms the best out of the three, sands the best out of the three & has the best surface quality.

Again : www.poly-props.com, they have a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/polypropsltd

No problem. Glad I can help..... found them on Facebook through 'Drack Cosplay' he did a video on the foams they do. I ordered some samples, then some of the actual stuff once I saw the samples...not often you find a company offering basically industry bespoke products at very good prices. They have also a really good service, they say 3-7 days delivery but I had mine within 2!

Nice! I just bought 3 sheets of 2x1m 5mm, 2 of 2mm and 2 of 10mm + shipping to Holland for 68 euros.
That's literally one hundred euros cheaper than where I was getting my foam before! Thanks dude!

I got the craft foam versions, it seems to be the same as what I got before so yeah, huge save :p
I'll report back once I get it!

Just got the batch of foam.
And what can I say.. It's amazing :)
It's the same stuff as I got before, so I'm familiar with it and it works well.
It's just 100 euros cheaper for me, so I'll definitely be getting my foam from these guys from now on!

Thanks APP!

Just got the batch of foam.
And what can I say.. It's amazing :)
It's the same stuff as I got before, so I'm familiar with it and it works well.
It's just 100 euros cheaper for me, so I'll definitely be getting my foam from these guys from now on!

Thanks APP!

So the Craft Foam is the same stuff you already get....but you got a lot cheaper! Sometimes throw in a few samples of the other foams. Did you get any with yours? If so what did you think? My personal favourite is the EVA8mm - It sands so well and is so easy to shape.

So the Craft Foam is the same stuff you already get....but you got a lot cheaper! Sometimes throw in a few samples of the other foams. Did you get any with yours? If so what did you think? My personal favourite is the EVA8mm - It sands so well and is so easy to shape.

That's right! So a definite win for me.
I also got a sample of 8mm EVA, which is awesome, very dense, easy to form and easy to sand!

13269262_1183671671666216_1710740235653319743_n.jpg
They just posted this!!!! Apparently the artist used the Poly-Props Craft Foam (which is the cheapest). All UNSEALED & UNPAINTED.....raw foam!

Hi All,

Might want to check out the Craft Foam bundle they are offering ......6m2 (10,5 & 2mm) for £15!!!

Store looks really cool, but was really bummed out to see that they don't ship throughout EU just few countries (No shipping to Slovenia) :(

Store looks really cool, but was really bummed out to see that they don't ship throughout EU just few countries (No shipping to Slovenia) :(

I'm sure if you emailed them they would sort out shipping to Slovenia. I know a cosplayer in Latvia that got some from this place!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back