Flynn Rider Completed! Studio pics with Rapunzel pg 5!

Re: Halloween- Flynn Rider from Tangled

Vest just needs some weathering and it'll be done! Here's me in everything I have done so far.

DSCN2591-1.jpg

Re: Halloween- Flynn Rider from Tangled (New pics post 41)

Oh my.
hell_yes.gif

You did good. REAL GOOD.The cut of the top is BEAUTIFUL. I've never seen anyone pull it off in such a flattering way. You've done me so proud, son, I love Flynn Rider with burning and you've managed to not look ridiculous as him. Those bags, that leather, that everything, I love it!

I agree with Amanda! Very well done. Are you going to do a wig or what?

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDER!!!!!

Laamberry, thank you! I happen to have a pretty cartoonish figure (broad shoulders, tiny waist) and I tailored it pretty close. I'm glad you like the result!

Jedifyfe, wig, definitely. My hair wouldn't grow fast enough, it's not the right color, and it would bug me to have it that long anyway! Also a fake goatee.

Laamberry, thank you! I happen to have a pretty cartoonish figure (broad shoulders, tiny waist) and I tailored it pretty close. I'm glad you like the result!

Jedifyfe, wig, definitely. My hair wouldn't grow fast enough, it's not the right color, and it would bug me to have it that long anyway! Also a fake goatee.

I'm really excited to see the wig! Just make sure you go lace-front!

What is lace front?

Lace front wigs have more natural looking hairlines. when you pull back or aside a regular wig you can see where the wefts suddenly stop and it appears bulky. With a lace-front, fibers are individually knotted into into a bit of lace at the hairline so it looks like it's actually growing from your scalp :] they used to be much more expensive but they're about the same now

this is a lace front wig pushed back -
wig-celebrity2.jpg

and this is a normal wig-
hetalia___germany_wig__by_xhee_heex-d2yvs7e.jpg

That looks really good. I did a Flynn Rider for D*Con, and we (my wife and I) did the doublet out of suede, because we were not comfortable working with leather so much.

Again, this looks fantastic!

Oh, I'll definitely be going for the lace front wig. That's way better.

OMG WOW.

That is a fantastic costume! I can't wait to see it completed. You would make an awesome Flynn Rider!

This and the Rapunzel costume are really great to see!

I love Dinsey and I think Flynn is one of the nicest looking Disney... Princes? Well he is a Prince I guess being together with Rapunzel :)

Can't wait to see the rest coming up!

Hey Zlurpo!
Did you cut and sew together the trillions of vertical panels or just sew the lines over top the leather? Did you put batting or anything in between a lining layer? Help plzthx! :D

Did you cut and sew together the trillions of vertical panels or just sew the lines over top the leather? Did you put batting or anything in between a lining layer? Help plzthx! :D

I sewed over solid pieces. There's batting (well really it's just thick/fluffy felt or something. It was super cheap) and some satin-ey stuff. I'll be working on the vest a bit later this evening, and when I take photos of it I'll take some pics of the inside too. The batting definitely gave the panels more contour.

I think the doublet is now finished! It's been weathered and painted in places, although I don't know if all the details will be visible in these pics.

front.jpg

Back.jpg

Here's a shot where you can see inside it, just to give an idea.
DSCN2604.jpg

And here's a detail of the inside, to show what I did to make the contours more 3D on the outside.

DSCN2605.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions of what else it may need, please share!!

Re: Halloween- Flynn Rider from Tangled (New pics post 56)

You're amazing! Those pics are fantastically helpful! It looks freaking GORGEOUS and you are SUCH an inspiration for me to work on my Flynn ( and Rapunzel! ) I can't wait to see both of our costumes ( yours and mine! ... and my bfs! lol ) when we're all done up for Halloween!!! You'd best be posting LOTS of pictures!!!

PS. are you buying a Rapunzel crown to store in your satchel? I realized I don't really have any use for mine until I buy a brown choppy wig....so I think that will be its sole purpose until I do. Ha!

Last edited:

I really want a crown, but the only ones I've seen are like 80 bucks and still not screen accurate. So probly not, especially if it will cost so much.

Disney has an official one!!!......... nvm just saw one that was on ebay for $100 bucks... holy crap.

Glad I got mine for the whopping $25... I should have picked up a few. Darnit! Though, people here in Canada aren't very imaginative... I can call around and see if I can find one?

Any lead you can find would be great!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back