First Foam Build: Ends Of The Earth Inspired Spider-Man Armor (PIC Heavy)

Working on the new chest spider
IMAG1503.jpg

ordered my blue EL wire today to add some glow to the abdomen area... and 100 rectangle wide-angle LEDs so I can continue my work on the eyes.
yay

Figured I should finish the one thing I have painted red... The left gauntlet. I added the black web lines and the strapping system. It's two pieces, the inner piece has elastic straps then one at the wrist with velcro. The outer has two elastic straps that cross with velcro. And the wrist has magnets in it. That way I can slide the inner on, tighten it around the wrist and put the outer over it and strap it in place at the elbow bend. It's pretty snug. Took me a few different attempts to get it to fit right. After Christmas I will have the red I need to finish everything else... Oooh and the rest of my lights!
IMAG1516.jpgIMAG1531.jpgIMAG1523.jpgIMAG1522.jpgIMAG1527.jpg

Decided my shoulder armor was lacking and not very form fitting... Adding biceps plates and an extension to the top of the shoulder to close the gap between the chest and shoulder
IMAG1533.jpgIMAG1534.jpg

Playing with my EL wire to get an idea of how I want it..
IMAG1549.jpgIMAG1548.jpg

The red paint should arrive next week, then I can paint everything else...

Having issues with cracking in the paint job.. any ideas for a remedy to this? A clear top coat maybe? Clear plasti dip? It's only happening in flex areas...Help would be awesome. :)

Reworking the shoes so they look slim and not all bulky... Got a pair of keds from the thrift store for 5 bucks, ripped the laces out, cut out the tongue, put in an elastic strap and glued a strip of black leather (possibly pleather) over the tongue area and preparing to paint them... I like them as shoes tho lol. I think the black and white looks neat haha
IMAG1550.jpg

Chest and shoe update... Painted the shoes so far.. most of the silver will be covered with the red metalcast. Plasti dip on the toe to limit cracking..
IMAG1554.jpgIMAG1555.jpg

And I added a leather piece to the neckline of the chest and painted the pecks black.. the silver, again, will be covered in red metalcast
IMAG1557.jpg

The shin bone's connected to the knee bone.
IMAG1562.jpgIMAG1563.jpg
Man, the more I get done, the more I really like the silver and blue and the silver and red.
Happy new year everyone :)

Black web lines inlaid into mask using a black wash/weathering method.
IMAG1575.jpg
Since the red metalcast is translucent, as long as its not put on to thick, im hoping the show up beneath the red. We shall see if my paint ever shows up in the mail.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back