Finally corrected a mistake…. For Mara Jade

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
For those not aware, my account name is not just whimsical. My daughter’s name is actually Mara Jade. Back in 2001, I was stationed in San Diego and I got to go to San Diego Comic Con with my wife and daughter. I was very pleased that I would meet both the model who portrayed Mara Jade for the collectible card game and Timothy Zahn, the creator of Mara Jade. I took my Heir to the Empire first edition hardcover trilogy to get signed by Mr. Zahn and had intended to have them signed for my daughter. However in the excitement of the moment, I forgot and had them made out in my name.

A few years after that, I was able to purchase another set of hardcover first editions in hopes of one day meeting Mr. Zahn again. However the mix of lack of opportunity plus I just don’t tend to enjoy doing conventions much these days, I never got a chance to get them signed… till now.

Thanks to the info on Mr. Zahn’s Facebook page, I was able to send in the books and have then directly sent to my daughter as a surprise. She received them today and she was overwhelmed with joy. I am so happy to finally correct a 21 year old mistake.

26115536-19B2-4157-BEEE-8493C462FE73.jpeg

108E64B8-5A42-4289-A73B-1408AD7F58E9.jpeg

898A1F8A-ED39-468E-8133-BF39AC13597A.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow. You get the Dad of the Year award for sure! I would do the same for my daughter. And that picture of her with Shannon is too cute!

Not to hijack the thread, but I found this recent video interview with Shannon McRandle and it's great to see her looking relatively well considering her history of cancer and Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back