Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

I'm going to print a small run through Jakprints first to see the kind of quality that can be accomplished with dye sublimation -- they're local, have no minimums and print on American Apparel and I need to get several sent out sooner rather than later.
I'll have everything on file of course, so if anyone here has inside info on C&S, don't hesitate to let me know.

Last edited:
Try T-Shirt Forums

I found a guy to do cut and sew there (A lot wanted a lot of orders like 600 min) but the shirt came out too small.

Here we my attempts at this shirt, I never got around to printing the blue one because I wasn't really happy with the guy that did the cut and sew on the first one because it was WAY too small and the sleeves were too big. I can post an image of the finish shirt if you want to see too.

2dsigt2.jpg

2ms0p4n.jpg

Hey AJ,

Thanks for the info! I've been lurking on the T-shirt forums for some time and came to the conclusion that it's probably too risky for me at this early stage -- with high minimums, long turn-around times and unreliable results, I can't afford to get stuck with several hundred shirts I can't sell.

I've seen all of your mock-ups, including Soul's great repro, so I know some of you are feeling my pain. If a decent shirt had materialized, I likely wouldn't have put myself through all of this (not to say it hasn't been rewarding).

Like I said, I'll initially print a dozen (half of which are already promised) and post detailed pics here for anyone that might be interested in the remaining ones.

And I'd definitely like to see your finished shirt.

Thanks again,
Ryan

Hey all,
Hope I'm not breaking any rules here. I've been working on this for several weeks, now...and by working on it I mean contacting photographers, licensing photos, contacting and contracting a professional design group here in Cleveland and researching different printing methods.

Full color
2iho3o4.jpg

4-color
5f1x6x.jpg

...Not sure how many colors it's comprised of here, but it's more than 4.
5a0qe0.jpg

And the back...
2wgb0j8.jpg

It's still being tweaked, but it should be ready in some form within a month. I'll initially print a small run to gauge interest. If all goes well I intend to create a small line of shirts in the spirit of those seen in the film.

Feel free to hit me up with questions or comments.

Kind regards,
Ryan

I would like it a whole lot more if it didn't have the helmet on the front. Besides that, good job.

Thanks,
I dig your maple leaf shirt, glasses, robe and that other cool dark shirt you just posted!

Regarding the helmet, that's being taken care of as we speak, to some extent -- would you believe that neither that nor the text were my idea?:lol
I'll post pics when I get the results.

Thanks,
I dig your maple leaf shirt, glasses, robe and that other cool dark shirt you just posted!

Regarding the helmet, that's being taken care of as we speak, to some extent -- would you believe that neither that nor the text were my idea?:lol
I'll post pics when I get the results.
Thanks. Let me know when you have a blue one for sale. I'd take a S or M size.

Ok going to try to make a couple of these see how they come out. Not sure if the blue is correct or not because it looks different in the pics then in person.

xn998n.jpg

2nu3zmo.jpg

34io02p.jpg

Thanks. Let me know when you have a blue one for sale. I'd take a S or M size.
:thumbsup
I'm guessing, like me, you'd want a M if the fit is more athletic or a S otherwise, right?

Ok going to try to make a couple of these see how they come out. Not sure if the blue is correct or not because it looks different in the pics then in person.
You definitely have to watch the color conversion...make sure the program you're using is situated in CMKY and not RGB!

Shrunk the helmet...
30rtm9x.jpg

Popped the colors a bit...
20jjwxf.jpg

I'll try to get it to print next week -- I'm ready to wear it!

Last edited:
So one down and a couple to go, I think. The Black Sugar tank would be next, though it'll be far more tricky to secure the right pics (unless I get a couple local girls to assist!).

Ok I ran into a problem, I need someone with photoshop or knowledge of it. My old templates that had the design (See above) are no longer being used. The guy who can make the shirt has new templates.

If I provide the photos, is anyone willing to volunteer and collage them together and then take the finish collage and tint them blue?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back