Fifth Element - New projects

Re: Fifth Element - Concept Art

Yeah unfortunate for me I only speak english lol... That's great if I only want to look at pics but I would much rather read it lol

Alancastillo1 how exactly is he "Quite right"? Does anyone here understand copyright infringement? If you print copyrighted material and sell your "paper and ink", that's illegal. As far as quality goes I have access to a high res scanner that can increase image sizes to a billboard with no distortion and a child could operate it along with photoshop to adjust and re-size.

Please take down your sale, this is ridiculous. Offer them free with your "top notch quality" or just don't bother.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but fotokid, don't you think that getting annoyed about copyright infringement is pretty much pointless in this forum, all things considered?

I can agree to some end but this forum also pays close attention to re-casters and those whose sell other peoples free and open information. From what I've seen, those people are not welcome here.

I know that Matt Munsun has posted paper props that required more work than scanning for free.

I think selling quality prints is alright, but you should make the files available.

Alancastillo1 how exactly is he "Quite right"? .... As far as quality goes I have access to a high res scanner that can increase image sizes to a billboard with no distortion and a child could operate it along with photoshop to adjust and re-size.

Please take down your sale, this is ridiculous. Offer them free with your "top notch quality" or just don't bother.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but fotokid, don't you think that getting annoyed about copyright infringement is pretty much pointless in this forum, all things considered?

:thumbsup rk

fotokid, if you say its so easy to do, and have a high-res scanner & its child's play, feel free to do it & post in the free paper props forum.

Tee is free to offer his prints if he wishes. And people are also free to buy them if they wish.

It's a simple as that I'm afraid.

... I think selling quality prints is alright, but you should make the files available.

I disagree. There are MANY highly-respected and long-standing members of this board who sell paper props and do not make the files available.

That's the way it goes, and it's normal practice. I have NEVER seen ANYONE complain about this before. Why this rush to tell Tee what he can or cannot do ?

If someone doesn't want to buy them, they are free not to, but I disagree with 'complaints' about those who don't want to buy them and want them for free.

I can agree to some end but this forum also pays close attention to re-casters and those whose sell other peoples free and open information. From what I've seen, those people are not welcome here.

This thread is not selling a cast or copy of another member's work. Tee is more than welcome here. I have bought an item from him, and its fantastic.

Alan you have yet to make a point, this is not a paper prop and people have made many complaints about re-producing others work. How about when a rpfer's custom drawn iron man blue prints were copied and sold by another person? Certainly you'd side with the creator, correct?

Now on the subject of offering actual paper props and replica props, Tee has many great items. This sale regarding the scans of concept art is however neither a paper prop nor a replica, it is a bare bones copy of another persons art work.

This thread is not selling a cast or copy of another member's work.

No disrespect fotokid, honestly, but I have said what I have to say about this matter. I do not intend converting Tee's thread into a discussion that has been tackled ad nauseum throughout years on end.

Tee, your work is great, keep it up.

Last edited:

This sale regarding the scans of concept art is however neither a paper prop nor a replica, it is a bare bones copy of another persons art work.

I think you joined the wrong forum.

Concept art forms an integral part of movie making, props etc.

YourPROPS.com even has a dedicated section to display pre-production design, originals or replicas.

Could we please stop cannabalising Tee's sales thread. You should open a new thread elsewhere if you wish to debate this.

Last edited:

Thank you for halting your discussion, Tee can defend or not defend himself. If we declare concept art as a prop then the creator can release prints, not someone trying to make money off anothers work artistic work. To provide another example, if someone bought prints of my art work and sold them without my permission, I would sue them. If someone bought my prints and made sketches of their own and recreated my work in an individual way, they would be free to sell their own creation.

... then the creator can release prints, not someone trying to make money off anothers work artistic work. To provide another example, if someone bought prints of my art work and sold them without my permission, I would sue them.

Gosh. You really are in the wrong forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could mods please consider to extract from Post #13 onwards & open a new thread in the Replica section.

It is not fair to Tee that these posts be left in his sales thread.

People,

if Tee chooses to make his work (cleaning up images and reworking might not be creative work, but still is work) NOT available for free, then that is his choice.

There is no "entitlement" to any of the work, the "he should make the files available" demands are more than questionable.

Since the hobby consists of a lot of gray areas, the staff reserves the right to make decisions on a case by case basis. A lot of discussions about "recasting and the hobby" can be found by using the search feature, so it is not necessary to continue the discussion in this thread.

Please let Tee continue to show off his stuff.

Just as a reminder, sales talk is not permitted, either.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Last edited:
Little update.

Mondoshawan Animatronic Head:
FE_Mondo_Head_Replica_008.jpg

light-up animatronic version prototype, wip.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/fifth-element-mondoshawan-animatronic-head-119522/

Alarm Clock:
FE_AlarmClock_002.jpg

Just a small replica for fun.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/fifth-element-alarm-clock-120895/

Mangalore Missile:
FE_MangaloreMissile_012.jpg

Like the original, constructed of metal with plastic tip of a rocket from Estes Bull Pup 12D (EST 1972).
http://www.therpf.com/f9/fifth-element-mangalore-missile-125459/

???:
FE_Preview_Wip.jpg

A little preview of my latest project in progress.

Tee :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back