Farscape Pulse Rifle

I have one almost completed!

I was really set on having finished pics to post tonight, so much that I worked on the rifle every spare minute I had during the day. Bad idea. The resulting loss of concentration led to my gluing the flash suppressor on backwards. I had enough time to remove it, repair the damage, repaint, and re-glue it back on, but not enough time to weather it. I'll get that tomorrow morning.

One pic with the light on. It's bright, but not really as bright as the pic makes it seem.

And everyone was right - flat black was the way to go!

Attachments

• IMG_2009.JPG
    IMG_2009.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2010.JPG
    IMG_2010.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2013.JPG
    IMG_2013.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 158
p00k was awesome enough to send me one of these kits as a preview and I just got it finished up. This thing is great! The casting is excellent, all the details are accurate and assembly is dead easy. If you're a Farscape fan don't let this opportunity pass you by!

Sweet Build. I had to pick one up. It is beautiful. Every detail meticulous. I could not be happier. Perfect Farscape Iconic Prop!!!

Got one of these on the way to me, should have it shortly. Thank you SOOOO much p00k1333 for knocking one out for me after the main run. This has been on my want list for over a decade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zombie Thread!

I recently got back to trying to finish off my kit. The thing that had been holding me up was that I wanted to be able to use a real MagLite for the scope but couldnt think of a strong enough way to make the sleeve and holding bar along with a new bulb head. I searched for many hours trying to find a match to the bulb head on the originals, and only found a few that were similar, but no exact matches.

Enter resin 3D printing! I'm designing up the bulb head now, and am currently printing the sleeve arm. I'll share these files once I know they work well for anyone else out there that could need them.

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 1.53.05 PM.png

It took a couple tries but I reworked the flashlight head model to let me use the maglite endcap so I can retain the same assembly for the reflector. I also got the head to fit just over the rubber gasket so it can still be turned to widen or narrow the light beam.

FB6AFB27-66EE-4561-ADD9-36870B097ECB.jpeg
DECDAD85-74A9-4D59-9FCE-596CA4A4486C.jpeg
BF68D059-8AFA-4B6B-BE13-F1AB083C150A.jpeg
DB5ECBD5-F186-4669-9B78-AA30386B36A4.jpeg
C9B896D3-A006-40BD-AE1D-95EEA310E702.jpeg

I never could figure out the flashlights used in the show. It's definitely not a stock Maglight and flashlights are one of those things that are impossible to search for online. This looks like the only option for something accurate.

Yeah thats why I finally resorted to this, I spent way too many hours looking for the right one. There were a few brands I found that were close (already forgot the name) but nothing completely right. Every other part of the body matches a Maglite (endcap, middle knurling, underside pushbutton), so thats what I went with modifying.

or posterity, here are some old auction pics of this same model screen used rifle. I've still gotta track down that mesh over the lens, Im thinking some kind of strainer might do the trick.

p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p4.jpg
98_1_b.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back