Fantastic Four

Vivek

Master Member
'Fantastic Four' Reboot Ramps Up with Writer Jeremy Slater (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter
Chronicle director Josh Trank will be directing and Jeremy Slater has been hired to the script.

Jeremy Slater tweeted the following couple of hours ago.

"I'm not really allowed to talk about the project, obviously. But I will say I bought my first FF comic when I was six years old."

"This has been my dream project for most of my adult life, and we're going to bust our asses to make the movie that the fans deserve."

Re: Fantastic Four Reboot

FF deserves the same respect that the other Marvel characters have been getting lately.

FF deserves the same respect that the other Marvel characters have been getting lately.

Yes, definitely. The last two movies were pretty weak, and the Surfer and Galactus are two of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe, they really deserve to be treated correctly. Now if they make the Thing look less like it was made out of wax and stood too close too a radiator, then I´m happy.

I hope they can make Thing as good as Hulk was in The Avengers! That is a character DEFINITELY capable of stealing the whole show!

As long as there's no dancing Reed Richards, I'm fine with the reboot. I've always loved the FF, and the franchise deserves something better than what we originally got.

And can we NOT have Dr. Doom as the villain again? At least not for the first film... Bring Victor in and set up his character properly for a sequel.

Or keep him behind the scenes pulling the strings and never reveal the character until the end and not even showing him.

The original films were just so bad... seriously bad. Jessica Alba, while attractive was so unbelievable as Sue Richards.What the did with Doom and Galactus and the Silver Surfer was extremely lame too.

I agree with everyone! LOVE the FF. It needs to treated seriously instead of hiring a director who said, well, I don't respect this concept for a movie, so "witty banter," hot chicks and dudes it is!

This should be a bold, majestic looking movie with all the Kirby machinery and larger than life set design from the comics. And it should explore the heart of the Reed/Ben friendship.

Galactus should be a humanoid giant.

And the THING should definitely be a CGI character with a motion capture performance by a great character actor.

About the only thing I liked about the original movies was Johnny Storm. He looked good as the human torch, and Chris Evans was charismatic and funny.

Fantastic Four has so much potential hopefully we can see this presented on the big screen with the respect the team deserves! Reboot Ghost Rider while youre at it

Or keep him behind the scenes pulling the strings and never reveal the character until the end and not even showing him.

That would be a pretty cool approach to Doom. Hopefully they'll take some cues from the Avengers animated series on Disney and make Doom, if they use him, a really bad ass villain and not just somebody for the FF to beat up.

They definitely also need to do the Thing as a CG character or find someone who can do the makeup so that it actually looks rocky like he's supposed to look.

One thing I think they screwed up with Doom in the films:

Doom is a guy in a suit of armor,and not a Iron Man copy but basically a real suit of old fashioned armor.

You could build a very nice modern one and it'd be just perfect for him.
also the guy burned his own face most of the rest of the way off so he's just a little crazy and probably really ruthless so play on that and make him a real psycho and like has been said keep him in tha background for the first film,maybe just causing some hell and building his empire.

FF's always been one of my favorite comics. I'd love to see it get the proper Marvel treatment that Iron Man, Cap and Thor got... just the right mixture that made those above average movies.

While I'd love to see them go the X-Men First Class route and set the move in the '60s - I really doubt they'd do that. But, I could see it being amazing going deeper into a '60s nostalgia trip than X-M:FC did.

I've thought a bit about who would work in casting this movie, and if I were the director/casting agent (which obviously, I'm not)... these are the first folks I would screen test:

Reed Richards
Jay Harrington - has played bits on TV and was in this summers American Reunion. He caught my eye as a candidate for Mr. Fantastic in Better Off Ted. He has the right look, but at 41 years old might be a little too old now.

Susan Storm-Richards
Sue and Ben have been the toughest for me to figure out who I'd like to see play them.

I like Olivia Wilde a lot - is terrific young up and coming actress, but she's missing the blonde hair. Now, she has had the blonde look on occasion... but, she's not really known for it and I'd like to avoid a situation like Jessica Alba's.

I'd also consider Brooklyn Decker - she's model just stepping into the acting world and her credits are less than stellar. ...and while Sue is very good looking, is she really supermodel good looking?

Johnny Storm
Thomas Mann is a young actor, notable for Project X. I like the idea of a young Johnny that grows into a more cocky Human Torch.

I also thought Michael Stahl-David might do good work as a Johnny Storm that's a bit older. He's done things like Cloverfield, the Black Donnolleys.

Ben Grimm
I got nothing. The thing with the Thing is that you need a powerful and verstaile voice to match the orange rock monster... someone who can says "It's clobberin' time" and talk about Aunt Petunia and you can tell he means both.

Gerard Butler? He might even make a good RR.

When Peyton Reed was originally attached to Fantastic Four, I was really hoping they would go with the '60s route. I really liked his film "Down with Love", it was a very funny romantic comedy and the whole '60s period look was done so beautifully. Down with Love came out in 2003, after which Reed was attached to FF and the movie was scheduled for 2005. But Fox eventually went with Tim Story instead.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back