Fanmade Vader Lineage Chart

Been working on the chart. Adding a few more helmets... but oh hell there are so many DP DLX, DP CA, Rubies copies out there... and I have to crop and paste and scale every image I haven't done this to already in the Vader Helmet List I've been running. Time-consuming to say the least.

Something that was presented in the other thread caught my interest. It would be interesting if anyone who know or is able to forward questions to Rick Baker about his (supposed) involvement in the molding of the ANH Vader helmet and what he remembers about that - if any at all.

Several things to ask about is regarding the prepping of the helmet for molding, as we know of two lineages.

• Commonly referred to as UK Mold style:
    1. Cast Tabs
    2. Filled in Teeth Grill, but visible grill imprint
    3. Level Chin Vent Filler
    4. (Neck Extension)

• Commonly referred to as US Mold Style:
    1. Removed Tabs
    2. Filled in Glue Area in Eye Sockets at Lenses
    3. Filled in undercuts at Tusk Tubes
    4. Completely filled in Teeth Grills - Little to No Grill Imprint (Removed Grill!?)
    5. Sunken in Chin Vent Filler

Carsten, I've seen some charts where they simply crop a portion of the tree and put a circle there marked, say, "B". And Page "B" simply continues that tree. There's no absolute need for everything to be on one page.

Some people apparently don't understand that this is a work in progress and things are subject to change. I'm not doing a timeline tree. I'm doing a master casts in the community and their children and their supposed connection to other similar helmets. For clarity I'm removing the links to the original screen used helmets and renaming the lineages.

I'm not gonna comment on the other thread anymore. I see no point. So I'm going to continue here.

HA! COOL! I've often said we need a flow chart to keep up with some of this stuff, Now we've got one! :lol

Great effort! :thumbsup

-Sarge

Thanks man. It all started with the Vader Helmet list, but initially there was no interest in such a thing here and it was called stupid to flash all these casts publicly in one spot, so I maintained it at The Den instead. It soon proved that the helmet list really didn't help with how the various pieces connected, so that was the reason for this tree and further the reason for its current look rather than the previous effort I showed off.

More arrows, removed the screen used section, concentrating only on casts in fandom.

Still sorting out some bugs.

Snooze you lose.

Thirty minutes until disaster.

Yeah, I wondered that. I seemed to remember it was a DP CA, but the base helmet is listed as a DP DLX on StarWarsHelmets and I couldn't find any of my old pictures of the helmet showing the dome mount, so I just put it in the DP DLX row.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks.

Sorry I haven't been able to do much to it. Added a few helmets and some additional arrows. Moved things around a little. Still need to do all those DP/Rubies copies and add them. Text is subject to change.

Again: this is just a list for master casts and their offspring.

Gonna add the RotS next.

Hey Jez... I realized I had an old JB RotJ picture in the helmet list, so I just used that as a temp picture. Would still be interested in seeing the picture you had found.

Thanks for the pictures, Jez. Much obliged.

Man... it hurts my eyes and wrecks my brain having to sort through all these connections having to lock down facts from rumor and old wives tales about some of these helmets. Things get especially ugly when there's a mis-match of parts from various sources with various offerings from one maker. And having to remember which is which.

Grr... I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with the tree, nor will it likely ever have all the helmets listed... as new come every day... and some were one-offs never to be seen again, so partially, I'm limiting things to some of the most common stuff, leaving some stuff out on purpose.

Hope the lines and arrows are easy enough to understand... - when there is an arrow between two boxes it means direction and generation. Top row of helmets is gen1 - Master Casts - second arrow row is gen2 or more. If connected by a tiny link with no arrow it just means they are connected in the same generation from the master and not from each other.

If that makes sense at all.

Maybe I should just stop talking.

Been a bit busy lately. And came down with something I'd describe as a bad case of flu... but not rightly sure. Just know it sucked. Haven't really gotten further since last update, so sorry about that. Trimming and scaling these pictures really take a lot of time, but that's okay.

Was just wondering if anyone here knew Rick Baker personally and could ask him something for me, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Hey, I know, he's probably busy... but it could be interesting though - at least for me. :)

Changed the look of the chart again - hope it is making more sense now.

1st row: source lineage.
2nd row: privately owned confirmed production/promotion/tour originals.
3rd row: master casts & licensed helmets.
4th row: helmet runs.

The boxes with red X's are helmets I haven't found pictures off yet or where requested not to add - as more pictures get sourced less and less will show up as a red X.

May be subject to change.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back