Fallout 4

Boy am I glad I bought the season pass early on. This all sounds fantastic, and faster than I thought it would come ! And with Skyrim remastered and mods on console, goodbye social life (not that I had much of one to begin with...) !
I do hope it's not the last one though, but with the mods, I'm fairly certain that if bethesda doesn't release more DLCs, the modders will. Heck I might even try it, back in the morrowind days, I used to mod my fair share. I stopped afterwards because creating new objects with the shaders and reflects and such became a bit too complex for me, but a story mod doesn't require all of this, just a good scenario, some world building eventually and some scripting skills maybe.

I'm quite proud to say I modeled and 3d printed the Ripper that was shown in the fan made content section of the show. This was made as a prop for @FrostGiant for his web series, shown in the pilot "Will to Power". The finishing and weathering work was all done by him, and it looks fantastic. We're both rather proud that it was shown, even if it was on screen for a matter of seconds!

Screenshot (261).png

I can't remember if i posted it but there's a full suit of x01 armor in the place you rescue the robot brain from for the dlc, I also just found a free armor frame on top of a satellite dish at Revere station. I ticked off the BOS so now thanks to them coming at me i have ton of parts to sell lol. Also the armor is rated at carrying 350lbs without the leg mods yet i was walking around with 1500 lbs lol

Hoping it'll be like Atomatron, where it was announced that you'd get new additions to the Workbench letting you build and modify robots, but there was story content, too. So for this, it'd be great if something leads you to Nuka World, and after you finish whatever (hopefulyl longer than Automatron) story involves it, you can build appropriate stuff at your settlements. For the Vault stuff... I dunno, I'd be happiest if it let us work in existing Vault locations (in addition to building our own) -- and maybe expanding our frikkin' settlements to include them. I'm looking at you Sanctuary/Vault 111.

--Jonah

Yeah Nuka world looks like it's a Far Harbor style destination not a building add-on, probably why it isn't hitting until august. So i wonder if they're "next week" is actually this week or next week. I'll be watching tomorrow and thursday to see if anything hits. Edit: well tomorrow the contraction dlc hits so that should keep me busy, i was looking forward to mods for the ps4 but i'm not signing up for a bethesda account just for that. I already got too many passwords to remember.

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

@9:04

Settlement building is officially fixed. We can now feed power into buildings without having huge gaping holes to feed the cable through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good timing as i ripped my wiring down to redo the walls. I tried to expand the base outword but that turned into a mess so upward we go lol

You never needed to feed lines through a building. You just put the connector on the outside or stick a power pole on top. I just started playing again to play Far Harbor and I'm just glad to have the fusion reactor things so my settlement doesn't sound like a lawnmower race is about to start.

Not a huge fan of the elevators, you pretty much have to build dedicated shafts as the tops of them stick up past the floors they stop on. I'm still not thrilled that we have to run power lines inside buildings when they could just assume the walls are wired inside like the real world.

You never needed to feed lines through a building. You just put the connector on the outside or stick a power pole on top.

I make very large, multistoried buildings. Connectors on the outside simply don't cover a large enough area. Plus I use a lot of stuff that requires direct connections so the area of effect that connectors have simply doesn't work. With Contraptions, I can feed power to every floor with the through wall conduits and I can use logic gates to create mechanical doors that can only be opened by switches from either side.

I just started playing again to play Far Harbor and I'm just glad to have the fusion reactor things so my settlement doesn't sound like a lawnmower race is about to start.

lol. I'll have to remember that one. If you run a PC, I recommend Quieter Settlements by Lemures.

Not a huge fan of the elevators, you pretty much have to build dedicated shafts as the tops of them stick up past the floors they stop on. I'm still not thrilled that we have to run power lines inside buildings when they could just assume the walls are wired inside like the real world.

It also bugged me that the elevators designed only for the warehouses in mind, which have much higher walls than all the other settlement buildings.

So far the conduits have been a breath of fresh air. While I would have preferred wired walls, floors and ceilings, this is a good 'halfway' point on Bethesda's part. I'm just happy that I can finally power whatever I want inside my settlement buildings without it looking ugly.

BikerScout, could you perhaps pop down the hall and stick your head in the right door to ask whether The Right People are aware of the Shipbreaker quest bug, and whether they intend to address it? If you don't track the beast right away, it disappears or clips into the ground or something otherwise rendering it unfindable. I and others have gotten to a spot where the radio signal strength is around 99.XX%, but nothing's there, nor ever reappears. I was hoping by the time the new DLC dropped (thank yous to everyone, by the way), this would be patched. Especially for us console users, who can't or are very reluctant to download third-party mods. (Granted, I also keep hoping the cut alternate BoS outcome, where Danse challenges Maxson, will be restored...)

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll find a way to make the elevators work but it's not a good setup, half the time they don't even match up with the floors they stop on. I never heard of the shipbreaker quest until now but after googling it there's no way they couldn't know that it was glitched as it's all over the net.

Something I just noticed, apparently the robots follow the same programming that settlers do. I caught my robots hanging around my stores (Immersive Vendors mod is installed).

"You got any fusion cores?"
vg7quF9.jpg

I'm slowly working towards making that robot. I wish they had options for you to add weapons to more than just the arms, like backpack weapons or something.

I'm slowly working towards making that robot. I wish they had options for you to add weapons to more than just the arms, like backpack weapons or something.

The sentry in that picture does have a launcher on it's back which is a legit add-on.

And if you're going to be building a robot, I highly recommend using this mod.

Automatron EyeBot Companions

This mod delivers on just about everything I wanted to see in Automatron. Building your own eyebot! There are plenty of customizable features can have where you can have your eyebot look like just about any eyebot you've seen in all the Fallout games (minor exception being ED-E's Lonesome Road model). Plus the mod author has been constantly updating it with new features so it's definitely not one of those one-shot mods that gets posted and than abandoned.

Wish they'd let me kill Liberty Prime, I want to loot the ruins of the airship but he keeps getting mad and lighting me up. They should let you give him the same artillery treatment you give the airship.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back