Fallout 4

Jeyl's Fallout Info Dump

Tips I could have used earlier on...
  1. When it comes to establishing new settlements, the first problem you'll encounter is that your resources are limited to what you have in your inventory and not what your workstation houses back in your original settlement. If you have a settler that's not doing anything, go into construction mode, highlight the settler and press the 'Q' key. Select the settlement where you store all your junk and you'll be given access to everything that's stored in the original settlement's workstation.
  2. Anyone who wishes to carry loads of items can upgrade their armor with extra pockets.
  3. If you have a modified weapon or a piece of armor and change that specific mod with something else, the original mod doesn't get destroyed. It's placed in your inventory to either salvage, sell or be used again. Good to know since these mods have weight to them and will stack up if you're big into modding your gear.
  4. The 'RANGE' stat of your weapon also affects your accuracy during VATS, not just accuracy.
  5. Took me a while to realize that 'Hip Fire' is simply a term for shooting where you're not looking through the sights of your weapon. A good number of weapons, especially Energy Weapons usually come in two flavors, like the plasma pistol and plasma rifles. You can upgrade or downgrade to one or the other.
  6. Some times your pip-boy will allow you to fast travel even when you're inside a structure, such as the Railroad HQ.

Here is a useful video that explains how to put your base building to greater use. For example, want a flat foundation where there's uneven ground?

Mod News
As of this posting, the PC version of Fallout 4 has approximately 1,150 mods on nexusmods.com with an activity of 2.3 million downloads. To give you some perspective, the heavy hitter Dragon Age: Inquisition only has 855 mods, the acclaimed Witcher 3 is standing on a solid 800 and Dark Souls 2 with 598. Not bad for a game that's been out for about a week and Bethesda hasn't even released it's G.E.C.K. kit yet. Even though the general mod page is cluttered with save states that showcase 'beautiful' characters, there are already a few heavy hitters.

One video series I would recommend watching for all the latest Fallout 4 mods is an individual who goes by the name MrX mods. He uploads a video every week and gives a great breakdown on what the mod is and how it affects the game. If you're looking for a mod that changes the color scheme of the game and he covers it, he will show you full HD comparisons between the original and modded versions of the game. Be warned, he has absolutely no shame when it comes to what kind of mods he showcases and some of them are very NSFW.

And yes, I am putting this video under a spoiler tag because his preview image is NOT SAFE FOR WORK! Don't let this or his opening statements fool ya. When he covers mods that are genuinely good he does an excellent job in his presentation. And to be frank, the way he is so unabashed about the mods he covers is just adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to do the achievement for the 100 percent happy people next playthru as i just now figured out how to get them assigned to stuff but i have my plants all over the place and not in neat rows of 9 for each person to watch over. That or i totally rework my town. Those mods will never make it to console and they may get yanked from PC if bethesda has anything to say about it.

Those mods will never make it to console and they may get yanked from PC if bethesda has anything to say about it.

I don't think so. This is after all a community built for the sole purpose of altering a game to it's very code. The only thing Bethesda could do is tell Nexus Mods to stop hosting mods for their game, which will undoubtably create a lot of unrest with the whole gaming community. They advertised this game to be mod friendly. Going back on that would be PR suicide.

True but they also said no nudity. It might fly on the PC mods but not sure about the consoles since they can exercise way more control over that. I wish they'd make a mod to make the city building part a little less annoying.

True but they also said no nudity. It might fly on the PC mods but not sure about the consoles since they can exercise way more control over that. I wish they'd make a mod to make the city building part a little less annoying.
Don't forget that when going through the console market, Bethesda must also abide by the companies who make the consoles as well. Microsoft and Sony have been known to restrict content on their own consoles even in areas that family friendly companies like Nintendo would let pass.

Truthfully, I laugh at this whole 'no nudity' stance. BioWare and CD Projekt have made games that have contained nudity and no one complained about it. Yet Bethesda, for all their marketing at glorifying the level of violence thinks that nudity is totally inappropriate. You can have gibs that are as detailed as the weapons you carry, but a bare buttocks is a no-no. Bleh.

I agree. They could have a filter of some sort like the original fallout did had for language and violence. Nintendo gets confused as they won't let some stuff in but it's okay for them to have Resident Evil lol.God i do not look forward to having to redo all my plants to make it easier to assign folks, they should have refined that more to make it more user friendly. I actually had to google how to do it.

Edit: Got 3.5 hours of sleep last night thanks to this game. So I decided to redo my base so i tore it down and i have to say that this wall building mechanic is a pain, why would we not want the walls and prefab units to lock in a straight line automatically to the foundation of the house we're building on. Sure they link to each other but but never in a straight line. I finally got the town folks assigned to some stuff but they could make that easier too instead of clicking on them then that just give us a page with an ID and were you want them to work and click that. Someone says it's easier with the pipboy app but sadly i don't have that.
I noticed this Fallout is a bit lite on achievements, which is okay for some games but i like doing the ones in fallout. Oddly there isn't' even one for getting both endings.

Last edited:
Just incase anyone didn't notice, go back to your old home, look underneath the cabinet by the baby's crib and you'll see something special.

Yeah i saw that when i was tearing the room down. I made the mistake of boosting all my main attributes and not much else this time thru and i'm nearly to level 50. I'm hoping that once the DLC hits they'll raise the cap more. Also renaming your favorite guns is a good way to avoid accidentally selling them. I got the legendary gun from a vault and it's worse than the one i'm using now.

I'm like level 23, so maybe buy/sell prices get cheaper (I have the one pricing perk at level 2 I think), but I hope prices for resources either get cheaper or a mod fixes it. A shipment of steel is like 2000 caps! One thing I did learn is that if you are using walls you can create a right angle by putting a roof piece on and the wall will snap to 90 degrees. Again I wish we had those huge manuals we got in the 90s that you could take to the b̶a̶t̶h̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ couch and read through. I also read that on the pc you can alter the position of an item to make it flush to the ground or make a wall sink lower (to prevent a big gap underneath) by using the console and typing "getpos z", z being vertical, and "setpos z" to adjust it. So now my fences don't sit on top of dips in the ground.

Yeah i really wish there was a way to put down new foundations for buildings, the bottom floor of my garage has plants coming up thru it lol. An option to build greenhouses would be neat too as i got lots of tore down foundations sitting there and it'd make organizing things better. I'm waiting for a mod to make assigning stuff easier as it's frustrating. I was worried that i was rushing thru the game too much then I realized how many places I haven't found yet and i still have 17 bobbleheads to find. Prices for the legendary stuff is getting high when you find some of them, they want 10000 caps for a piece of armor. I was a sucker and bought a paint job for 5500 lol

Under the wood floor catagory they do have wood and concrete foundations which let you set a level spot for building things and it helps a ton

I never saw the concrete foundation. Too late now unless i can slide it under. I'm back to scrounging for caps and ammo as i went a bit overboard on stuff for a while and need to resupply.

Been playing the hell out of this since it came out, for a long time none of the missions I did really impacted other missions, but today,... well lets just say that escalated quickly.

I have finished the main quest, but it looks like you can chose from at least three different factions as to how it all ends, meaning there is a lot or re-playability out there, trouble is starting again means loosing all the perks, and levels.

Wish there was a way to start again and keep those.

Wont restart just yet, lot of game still out there.

But might start to dial back the hours I have been putting into this thing.

I still haven't even started the Diamond City mission yet, i'm now just roaming to the places i've been to make sure i got everything. My issue is i want to have one model of every power armor so now i need to make an inventory sheet lol. What surprised me that you only get an achievement for beating the game any way and not by if you're evil or not like in the past. I haven't found much reason to collect the legendary gear either.

Sadly the traveling armor salesman that had large batches of fiberglass for sale died in a slight accident while i was defending a village so now i have to just hope to find lots of phones.

Last edited:
I'm still not even sure how the settlement thing works. Suddenly have nearly 20 people and they've just started guarding and picking without assignments and i suddenly went to 81 percent happiness. They really need to do some kind of tweaking in an update for this as it's a bit of a hassle and very confusing to do. They should just automatically be given an assignment. I would assume that with food being store it doesn't count, it sounds like has to be picked to count but i'm not all that sure. I tried looking for stuff online but everyone is confused with the town building.

It is done.

Sided with the Railroad. I just couldn't bring myself to abide by Father's way of thinking. Clear cut evidence of self-awareness with his Synths and he just brushes it off? Come on.If only there was a moment where I could introduce him to Curie, the former Mr. Handy now Synth who just happens to be wearing a wedding ring that belonged to a former significant other of my Character. Yep! You can equip your followers/lovers with your dead spouse's wedding ring and it will show on their finger!

As for the Brotherhood? They sealed their fates the moment Maxson mentioned how they broke away from Elder Lyons' view of the Brotherhood's role. They're essentially the Brotherhood Outcasts from Fallout 3. And depending on how you view Synths, they're on a mission of genocide. Like an army of Blade Runners. Spot a Synth, you shoot on site. No questions. Maxson was right about one thing though. Their operation was costly. I must have witnessed at least 18 vertibirds explode mid-air, all non-synth encounters.

Hopefully the DLC will offer some good stories that work post-main campaign. I'd LOVE to continue the adventures of Samantha and her Synth wife Curie!

Also, Jetpacks are a game changer.

Once i'm done with my playthru i'm going to do a special save file for this character and do that same when I do the evil playthru that way i have the best options for the DLC. Bikerfett's been quiet since release so they must have him at work on the DLC already as the first one is supposed to hit early next year.

It's kinda funny that the unique weapon known as "That Gun" (Deckards gun from Blade Runner) hasn't made a return for this game yet especially because of the whole Synth element.

It's kinda funny that the unique weapon known as "That Gun" (Deckards gun from Blade Runner) hasn't made a return for this game yet especially because of the whole Synth element.

One of my biggest disappointments with the game (of course it's not serious). What a missed opportunity to give us a mission and weapon like that, with a "Tears in Rain" kind of monologue. I loved That Gun in NV, and sorely miss it in FO4. You can even get a passable apocalypse version of Deckard's coat.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back