Fallout 4

So, here's a bit of advice for the PC gamers out there:

Unless you really, really, REALLY want that PIPBoy.....don't pre-order.

Seriously. We've seen several really awful PC releases in the last year, with Arkham Knight being the most recent (and being so bad that WB pulled the game from retail). Pre-orders are a massive gamble, especially in an environment where development is increasingly done for consoles and all games are basically ports for PC.

Be smart with your money and wait for early reviews at least.

Yeah, I saw a movie called "Ishtar" and I completely wrote off any other movies that year. Never saw "Last Emperor," "Good Morning Vietnam," "The Untouchables," "Lethal Weapon" or "The Secret of My Success." It's a good thing that one movie wrote me off of cinema for the rest of the year.

Listen, this is ****ing Bethesda. They made Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3. They also made Elder Scrolls and a bunch of other major hits. They know what they're doing. This isn't some DC hack piece of crap game company like "Arkham Knight"'s PC producer.

When Fallout 3 was announced, I built a beast of a PC computer JUST to be able to play that game since my computer wasn't up to the specs at the time. I've used that computer, with some tweaks since then, up until this day. It can't play the best stuff coming out now, but you know what? The PC I'm going to build to JUST be able to play Fallout 4 will last me a long while as well.

Good for you. If you think it's worth it, go ahead and buy.

Like I said, it's your nickel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even with the autosave I still have about a billion hard saves, I just get too anxious otherwise

I'm the same way. I quicksave my way to victory!

**UPDATE!**

We have the voice actors for the male and female protagonists. First off, no. Neither are going to be played by Troy Baker, Nolan North or to a much sadder extent, Jennifer Hale.

I'm getting tired of having the same exact voice actors in everything. I have a really good ear for voices and it just takes me right out of the game to hear a voice I identify with another character. I have to say except Laura Bailey. I never get tired of her voice.

**UPDATE!**

noplus_zpspsfzl3mc.jpg

Bethesda has updated details on the Pip Boy edition on what size phones will be able to fit inside it.

Phones that will fit:
  • iPhone 6 (NOT PLUS)
  • iPhone 5/5s
  • iPhone 4/4s
  • Samsung Galaxy 5
  • Samsung Galaxy 4
"In addition, using the customisable foam insert you should be able to fit most other popular smartphone devices. As we wanted to stay faithful to the dimensions of the in-game model, any smartphones larger than the models listed will not fit inside the wearable device. For these larger devices, our Pip-Boy companion app will still be available."

So as long as the Pip Boy App works on the iPod Touches, there's another alternative.

There are very few franchises that I buy day 1, and almost none I pre-order. Overall I can wait a little bit for 99% of games out there and Solo is right, nowadays most games seem to be released unfinished and patched after the fact.

But despite that, this Pip-Boy was just too awesome to pass up and the Fallout games have a good reputation. I pre-ordered. :lol

I'm making my own Pip-boy edition, I don't have the patience to wait until November and I'm not a fan of the paint job either.

Mine's literally a £2 phone case plastered with foam. Just need to add some knobs and dials and it's all done.

Quake Con is underway and Bethesda has just released more details regarding it's newest installment. But first,

falloutriver_zpsem8uh6un.png

Aww!

10 Things We Learned About Fallout 4 From QuakeCon 2015

Highlights from the event.

• There will be about 12 companions in the game. The most recent newcomer is character called Piper who wears a newsboy hat(?).
  • You can romance your companions! o.o Regardless of your gender! O.O Maybe even Mr. Handy! :D Hey, don't tell me you didn't try making sure Mr. Fisto worked properly.
  • Speaking of Mr. Handy, the list of names he can call you is not limited to appropriate naming conventions. If you name yourself Fu**face, he'll call you Mr. or Mrs. Fu**face.
  • Many infamous perks are back including bloody mess, but they will be tied to the SPECIAL stats. So if you want a specific kind of perk, you've got to have a certain amount of points in your SPECIAL stats.

More following the link.

This kind of begs the question. How many here would pay $50 for just the mini-nuke alone?

Heh, I would. I have the original editions as they came out. I'm hoping these editions, like F3, doesn't require that stupid Microsoft account system and that F1, F2 and Tactics have been setup to easily run on modern computers.

Well this will bring a new meaning to Mr. Handy if you can romance it...

I'm more interested in seeing how my female Avatar is going to romance another female character when she starts the game out as being part of the the pinnacle straight family couple complete with a child. I know one can move on from losing their entire family, but gosh darn! That's a big change.

I'm more interested in seeing how my female Avatar is going to romance another female character when she starts the game out as being part of the the pinnacle straight family couple complete with a child. I know one can move on from losing their entire family, but gosh darn! That's a big change.

That or maybe they were a bit wilder than most couples, it happened alot back then but nobody talked about it lol. Preordered that mini nuke edition.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back